IMU CET 2013 EXAM NOTIFICATION of Indian Maritime University
Lubna Khan, Updated On:18-Mar-2013
IMU CET 2013 Notification: Indian Maritime University Common Entrance Test is conducted by Indian Maritime University (A central University, Govt. of India) for admission in under graduate, post graduate and research programs in all maritime sectors every year. Through IMU CET exam candidate can also take admission in IMU affiliated institutions for UG and PG courses. This year IMU CET will be conducted on 1st June 2013.
List of IMU campuses for various offered courses
- IMU Chennai-DNS course leading to B Sc Nautical Science, B Sc Nautical Science, B Tech (Marine Engineering), MBA in Port and Shipping, MBA in Logistics, LLM (Maritime Law), MBA Infrastructure (Proposed at Chennai).
- IMU Cochin- DNS course leading to B Sc Nautical Science, PG Diploma in Maritime Engineering, B Sc Ship Building and Repair, MBA in Port and Shipping, MBA in Logistics (Proposed at Cochin).
- IMU Kolkata- DNS course leading to B Sc Nautical Science, B Tech (Marine Engineering), MBA in Logistics (Proposed at Kolkata).
- IMU Mumbai- DNS course leading to B Sc Nautical Science, B Sc Nautical Science, B Sc Maritime Science, PG Diploma in Maritime Engineering.
- IMU Vishakhapatnam- B Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, M Tech Naval Architecture and Ocean Engineering, M Tech Dredging and Harbour Engineering.
List of Other affiliated colleges
- Coimbatore Marine College, Tamil Nadu
- C V Raman College of Engineering, Orissa
- Hindustan Institute of Maritime Training, Tamil Nadu
- International Maritime Institute, Uttar Pradesh
- Mangalore Marine College and Technology, Karnataka
- Park Maritime Academy, Tamil Nadu
- Samundra Institute of Maritime Studies, Maharashtra etc.
IMU CET 2013 Examination center
- East zone- Bhubaneswar, Guwahati, Kolkata, Patna, Ranchi, Silluguri.
- West zone- Ahmedabad, Bhopal, Gwalior, Pune, Nagpur, Kota, TS Chanakya (Mumbai), LBS( mumbai) bai), MERI (Mumbai), SCI (Mumbai), Kandla.
- North zone-Dehradun, Delhi, Chandigarh, Jaipur, Lucknow, Meerut.
- South zone- Bangalore, Chennai, Cochin, Coimbatore, Hyderabad, Port Blair, Trivandrum, Visakhapatnam.
IMU CET 2013 Eligibility Criteria
- Minimum of 60% aggregate marks in their HSC with Physics, chemistry math and 50% aggregate marks in English with recognized board/central board.
- BSc in Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry or Electronics( with Physics as individual subject in one of the year.
- BE/B Tech Degree with 50% in English
Eligibility criteria for different courses is available on website
IMU CET 2013 Syllabus
CET Syllabus for UG Programs will be Physics, Mathematics, Chemistry, English, General Knowledge and Aptitude at Plus 2 level (CBSE, ICSE and State Boards). CET pattern for PG programs will be uploaded in website shortly.
IMU CET 2013 Application Procedure
- Mode of application is online. Application is to be filled online. For details and instructions, follow appropriate link .
- Payment can be made by downloading the challan and paid at any of the branches specified by IMU (Challan details to be filled-in in the application form).
- The Application fee is Rs 1000/- for all Candidates and Rs 700/- for SC/ST Candidates. After filling in, the Application print to be taken and hard copy with necessary enclosures to be forwarded to Admission Cell, Indian Maritime University, East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai – 600 119 on or before 10.05.2013.Candidates can download their hall ticket from the IMU Website after 15 days from the date of application submission deadline
IMU CET 2013 Important Dates
|Application form available||18th March 2013|
|Last date for recieving filled-in-application||10th May 2013|
|Date of Examination(All India)||1st June 2013|
|GD/PI at Chennai/Vizag||21st and 22nd June 2013|
|Counselling for all UG programmes||3rd-8th July 2013|
|Comencement of Programmes||1st August 2013|
INDIAN MARITIME UNIVERSITY
(A Central University, Government of India)
East Coast Road, Uthandi, Chennai- 600 119
Ph No: (044) 2453 0343/345, Fax: (044) 2453 0342
This article is written by Ankit Kr.
comments powered by Disqus