Current Affairs of 5 Feb 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:05-Feb-2018
1. World Cancer Day: 4th Feb
• The day is observed across the world with an aim to raise awareness among people about the disease.
• The theme for 2016-18 is “We Can. I Can.”.
• It is expected that people, individually and collectively, understand and work towards listening the impact and harmful effects of the condition globally.
2. CriSidEx: India’s first Sentiment Index
• The first sentiment index for micro and small enterprises has been launched by Minister of Finance and Corporate Affairs Arun Jaitley.
• This index is jointly developed by CRISIL & SIDBI.
• It is an index composed of 8 parameters and measures based on a scale of 0(extremely negative) to 200 (extremely positive).
3. India’s first defense industrial corridor: Chennai to Bengaluru
• The first industrial corridor will link Chennai and Bengaluru through Coimbatore and several other industrial clusters.
• The Ministry of defense has decided two such corridors and the first one is between Chennai-Bengaluru and second one is yet to be announced.
• This corridor will provide impetus to the manufacturing industry in the country and it is also a good step to promote Make In India.
4. Ashgabat Agreement: India is now a member country
• India formally joined Ashgabat agreement on 2nd Feb, 2018.
• It is a multimodal transport agreement between Oman, Iran, Turkmenistan, Kazakhstan, Pakistan and India for international transport and transit corridor facilitating transportation of goods between Central Asia and the Persian Gulf.
• Ashgabat is the Capital of Turkmenistan.
5. Global Investors Summit 2018 in Assam
• The Summit focused on promoting investments in the state and especially in North East.
• This is the first summit of this type which will be attended by Investor’s from Bhutan, Bangladesh, Germany, Japan and ASEAN countries.
• This summit highlights Power, Agriculture and Food Processing, IT, River Transport & Port Townships, Plastics & Petrochemicals, Pharmaceuticals & Medical Equipment, Handloom, Textiles & Handicrafts, Tourism, Hospitality& Wellness, Civil Aviation and Petroleum and Natural Gas.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express