Current Affairs of 6 Feb 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:06-Feb-2018
1. Maldives is in Emergency for 15 days
• The President of Maldives Abdulla Yameen declared a state of emergency for 15 days.
• During this time though certain rights will be restricted, general movements, services and business will not be affected.
• Maldives is an island nation situated in Indian Ocean having capital Male and currency is Maldivian Rufiyaa.
2. First Robot citizen of World to visit India
• Sophia, the first robot citizen of world is expected to make public appearance at a global technology event this month in Hyderabad.
• The humanoid was designed by Hong Kong-based Hanson Robotics, was given citizenship by Saudi Arabia last year.
• The Robot, designed in British actress Audrey Hepburn’s image, made her first appearance in India draped in a sari at IIT Bombay last December.
3. No third party to interfere in wedlock: SC
• The Supreme Court has given verdict that when two adults marry, parents, society and Khaps have no right to harass them.
• The court gave verdict on hearing a petition filed by Shakti Vahini an NGO, to make honour killing a specific crime.
• It is conspicuous that incident of honour killing is increasing and such direction of the Supreme Court will help in countering such incidents because of inter-cast, inter-religion and intra-gotra marriage.
4. PM Modi will lay foundation stone of temple in UAE
• PM Modi will be on three nation tour for three days from Feb 9 to Feb 12.
• The journey will be started from Palestine and will be ended in Oman via UAE where he will lay foundation stone of a Hindu Temple in Abu Dhabi.
• The capital of Oman is Muscat, capital of UAE is Abu Dhabi and capital of Palestine is proclaimed Jerusalem (East).
• The currency of Oman is Rial and currency of UAE is UAE Dirham.
5. Exam Warriors: A book by PM Modi
• The book “Exam Warriors” authored by PM Modi was released by External Affairs minister Sushma Swaraj.
• The book aims to inspire youth to face the difficult moments of examinations and life with fresh and new energy.
• The book is written in fun, interactive manner with colourful illustration, activities, yoga exercises and intended to be friend to youths in acing exams and also in facing life.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express