Current Affairs of 19 Feb 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:19-Feb-2018
1. Asmita Yojna to be launched by Maharashtra Government
• Maharashtra government is all set to launch Asmita Yojna on International Women’s Day next month.
• This scheme will provide Asmita cards to beneficiary girls while participating SHGs will be entrusted with the task and supply of sanitary pads.
• Under the scheme, girls in Zila Parishad schools will get sanitary napkins at Rs. 5 per packet while rural women can avail it at a subsidized rate of Rs. 24 and Rs. 29.
2. India-Iran inks nine pacts
• There are nine agreements signed between India and Iran during Iranian President Hassan Rouhani’s visit to India including connectivity related to Chabahar port and on double tax avoidance.
• The other areas of agreements are security, trade, energy and various other things.
• The Capital of Iran is Tehran and the currency is Iranian Rial.
3. Atal Bhujal Yojna: Ambitious water conservation scheme
• To tackle ever-deepening crisis of depleting groundwater level, the Union Government has formulated Atal Bhujal Yojna.
• It is a project of Rs. 6000 crore under the Ministry of Water Resources, River Development and Ganga Rejuvenation.
• It also focuses on revival of surface water bodies so that groundwater table will rise.
• The major water-stressed states -Gujarat, Haryana, Maharashtra, Karnataka, UP, Rajasthan and MP will be targeted in the first phase.
4. Hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune
• Maharashtra Government and the Virgin Group have signed an agreement to build world’s first hyperloop transportation system between Mumbai and Pune.
• This project will reduce travel time between two mega cities to 20 minutes from three hours at present.
• The hyperllop will be a fully electric system and will have a capacity travel up to 1000 Km per hour.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express