Current Affairs of 24 Feb 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:24-Feb-2018
1. India at 81st rank in Corruption Perception Index
• India is ranked 81 among 180 countries in Corruption Perception Index 2017 released by an NGO Transparency International.
• The ranking is based on the marking scheme of 0 to 100 and India has scored 40 out of 100.
• New Zealand and Denmark are cleanest countries with score 89 and 88 respectively.
• Transparency International has formed to combat corruption and crime prevention and head quarter of this international organization is in Berlin, Germany.
2. Super critical carbon dioxide by IISc scientists
• Indian institute of Science (IISc), Bengaluru has indigenously developed country’s first super critical carbon dioxide (S-CO2) Brayton Test Loop facility.
• The test is based on loop technology that will generate clean energy from power plants including solar thermal.
• This facility will replace currently used steam by supercritical CO2 which refers to state CO2 above its critical temperature of 31 c and critical pressure of 73 atmospheres.
3. Dhanush missile successfully launched
• The nuclear capable surface-to-surface Dhanush ballistic missile was successfully launched near Paradip in Bay of Bengal.
• Dhanush missile is also known as Prithvi-III which is part of DRDO’s Integrated Guided Missile Development Program (IGMDP) of 1983.
• The other missiles under IGMDP are Agni, Trishul, Akash and Nag.
4. Bengluru will start ‘Heli Taxi’
• The heli taxi service by Thumby Aviation will provide a link between Bengaluru’s Kempegowda International Airport to Electronic City, where companies such as Infosys and Wipro are based.
• The new taxi service will take just fifteen minutes to reach the electronic city from the airport.
• The service will provide a relief to passengers who currently spend more than one and half hours to reach the destination.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express