Current Affairs of 27 Feb 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:27-Feb-2018
1. Niti Forum for Northeast region of the country
• There is a special Niti Forum for north-eastern region to accelerate the government’s effort to spur inclusive growth.
• It will work to identify constraints that stand in the way of achieving accelerated, inclusive and sustainable economic growth.
• Members of the Forum will include secretaries of Ministries of Health and family Welfare, Water Resources, Power, New and Renewable Energy and Railways, Road, Transport and Highway and Chief Secretaries of all north-eastern states.
2. TAPI: A new ray of hope
• Turkmenistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and India gas pipeline saw a new impulse after the beginning of work in Afghanistan section of pipeline.
• All the four countries aim to complete the 1840 km pipeline and being pumping natural gas from Turkmenistan’s Galkynysh gas fields by the beginning of 2020.
• TAPI gas pipeline passes through Herat, Kandahar, Quetta and Multan then comes to Fazilka in India.
3. Stem Cells make muscles stronger
• There is a research that an unexpectedly high number of mutations in the stem cells of muscles impair cell regeneration.
• This discovery may result in new medication to build stronger muscles even in old age.
• The result says that a healthy 70-year old has accumulated 1000 mutations in each stem cell in the muscle and that these mutations are not random but there are certain regions that are better protected.
• Stem cells are undifferentiated cell of multi-cellular organism which is capable of giving rise to indefinitely more cells of the same type and from which certain other kinds of cell arise by differentiation.
4. Rustom-2 UAV was successfully test-flown
• DRDO has successfully flown Rustom-2 from its Aeronautical Test range at Chitradurga in Karnataka.
• It is an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle (UAV) of family of UAVs including Rustom-1 and Rustom-H.
• It can fly at the speed of 280 km/h and carry variety of payloads like Long Range Electric Optic (LREO), Medium Range Electric Optic (MREO) and Electronic Intelligence.
5. Mobile World Congress 2018
• The event of World Mobile Congress is organised in Barcelona, Spain from 26th February to 1st march.
• Telecom Minister Manoj Sinha will lead Indian delegation of 90-people.
• The congress will focus on the continued progress of 5G- technology.
• Nokia sees big 5G roll-outs nearly a year ahead of the scheduled launch in the end of 2019.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express