Current Affairs of 11 March 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:11-Mar-2018
1. What is National E-Mobility Programme?
• National E-Mobility programme under Ministry of New and Renewable Energy aims to provide an impetus to entire e-mobility ecosystem including vehicle manufacturers, charging infrastructure companies, fleet operators, service providers etc.
• It will be implemented by Energy Efficient Services Limited (EESL).
• EESL has procured 10000 electric vehicles last year and will issue a tender for new 10000 electric vehicles this year.
•These 20000 electric vehicle will reduce over 5.6 lakh tonnes of annual CO2 emission by saving over 5 crore litres of fuel every year.
2. National Nutrition Mission is launched
• On the occasion of International Women’s Day PM Narendra Modi launched National Nutrition Mission at Jhunjhunu in Rajasthan.
• The aim of this mission is to reduce under-nutrition, stunting, anaemia among children, women and adolescent girls.
• It will have an apex body under Ministry of Women and Child Development to monitor fix targets and guide nutrition related interventions across all department of government.
3. Diu is 100% solar energy efficient
• Diu has become the only union territory to be full solar energy efficient.
• Diu has a generation capacity of 13 MW by solar energy daily in which 3 MW is from rooftop solar plant and 10 MW form other solar plants.
• Its peak-time demand for electricity goes up to 7MW and by generating more than that it has become surplus in solar energy.
4. “Crime Free Zone” along India-Bangladesh border
• Border Security Force (BSF) of India and Border Guard Bangladesh (BGD) has declared 8.3 km stretch along Indo- Bangladesh border as first ‘crime free zone’.
• Bangladesh shares 4156 km long international border which is longest by India with its neighbours.
• Forces of both the nation will work together to ensure that no crime or anti-social activity occurs along this 8.3 km long stretch.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express