Current Affairs of 4 May 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:04-May-2018
1. Regional Conference of AIIB in Bengaluru
• The 4th regional conference of Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) held in Bengaluru on 3rd May.
• The conference was based on futuristic, resilient and digital infrastructure.
• The conference was organised by the Ministry of Finance, Confederation of Indian Industry (CII) and Research and Information System for Developing Countries.
2. Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry
• The Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce and Industry (FICCI) was established in 1927 by G.D. Birla and Purushottam Das Thakurdas on the advice of Mahatma Gandhi.
• Any company whether private or public including MNCs and SMEs can be member of this group.
• It works on sector specific business for the business promotion and networking.
• FICCI is a non-government, not-for-profit organisation headquartered in New Delhi.
3. Framework Convention on Tobacco Control
• The World Health Organisation’s Framework Convention on Tobacco Control (FCTC) was given approval by the Union Cabinet.
• The Convention is for the control on usage of tobacco products as well as elimination of illicit trade in tobacco products.
• It is the first health treaty negotiated under the auspices of WHO.
• India is also a party of this convention.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB, Wikipedia