Current Affairs of 6 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:06-Jul-2018
1. Recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks
· The Cabinet has given approval for the recapitalization of Regional Rural Banks (RRBs) for the next three years up to 2019-20.
· The recapitalization will enable the banks to maintain minimum prescribed Capital to Risk Weighted Assets Ratio (CRAR) of 9%.
· All the 56 RRBs in the country have given total credit of Rs. 2,28,599 crore.
2. MP government launches Sambal Scheme
· Sambal Scheme has been launched by Madhya Pradesh government which is an outstanding power bill waiver scheme and subsidized power scheme for labourers and poor families.
· BPL families and registered labourers of unorganized sector will be provided electricity at the rate of Rs. 200 per month under this scheme.
· The scheme aims to ensure that all household should have power facility in the State.
3. DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill, 2018
· Union cabinet has given approval to the DNA Technology (Use and Application) Regulation Bill 2018.
· It aims to expand the application of DNA based forensic technology support.
· It will also strengthen the justice delivery system of the country.
· The bill also has provision to cross-match between persons who have beemn reported missing.
4. One Line Current Affairs
· ‘Khan Prahari’ mobile application has been designed by Coal India Ltd. And Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Application and Geo-Informatics for reporting any activity taking place related to illegal coal mining like rat hole mining.
· Agartala Airport has been renamed as Maharaja Bir Bikram Manikya Kishore Airport.
· “Happiness Curriculum” will be taught to students from nursery to Class 8 in all Delhi government schools from the new academic session.
· ISRO has successfully conducted first Pad Abort Test (PAT) for a future human space mission.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB