Current Affairs of 10 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:10-Sep-2018
1. Road Accident Data Management System (RADMS)
· J & K became the third state in the country to adopt RADMS.
· Supreme Court committee on road safety had ordered to use RADMS by all the states in 2015.
· It is a Geographical Information System (GIS) solution for identification of black spots.
2. Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana (PMJAY)
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi will launch PMJAY on September 23, 2018.
· It is a part of Aayushman Bharat- National Health Protection Scheme.
· The scheme will provide health insurance cover of five lakh rupees to Below the Poverty Line (BPL) and lower-middle-class.
· It will give health insurance to 10.74 crore families with a target to cover 50 crore people.
· Recently government decided to cover child cancer sunder the scheme.
3. One liner Current Affairs
· World Suicide Day was celebrated on 10th September with an aim “Working Together to Prevent Suicide”.
· “The Ocean Cleanup” organization has launched a system which will send a trash collecting device to clean the Great Pacific Garbage Patch.
· Aishwarya Rai was awarded with “Meryl Streep Award for Excellence” at the Women In Film and Television (WIFT) first edition show.
· Startup India Telangana Yatra has been launched by Telangana State Innovation Cell (TSIC).
· Delhi government has launched ‘1076’helpline number which will allow people to reach various government facilities at their door-steps.
· Novak Djokovic won US Open Tennis Men’s single final and it is his 14th Grand Slam title.
· Arpinder Singh won bronze medal in the IAAF Continental Cup in Triple Jump event.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB