Current Affairs of 11 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:11-Sep-2018
1. World Hindu Congress in Chicago
· On the eve of 125th anniversary of Swami Vivekanada’s historic address to the Parliament of World Religions in Chicago, the second World Hindu Congress is being held in Chicago.
· The Congress is inspired by the Hindu principle “Sumantrite Suvikrante” i.e. Think Collectively, Achieve Valiantly.
· The Congress is a global platform for Hindus to connect, share ideas, inspire one another and impact the common good.
2. BIMSTEC Military Exercise in Pune
· The Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sectoral Technical and Economic Cooperation (BIMSTEC) Military Exercise is being held at foreign training Node at Aundh in Pune, Maharashtra.
· The main aim of the exercise is to promote strategic alignment among the member states and to be familiar with the best practices in the area of counter-terrorism.
· All the BIMSTEC members except Nepal is participating the exercise.
· Counter-terrorism in semi urban terrain and cordon and search is the theme of the exercise.
· BIMSTEC came into existence on June 6, 1997, after the Bangkok Declaration which is headquartered in Dhaka, Bangladesh.
3. One liner Current Affairs
· Kempegowda International Airport, Bengaluru will be first in Asia to use face recognition as ‘boarding pass’.
· Fourth World Summit on Accreditation 2018 having theme “Challenges and Opportunities in outcome based accreditation” is being held at New Delhi.
· Sadarmatt anicut across river in Nirmal district and Pedda Cheruvu in Kamareddy districtare have gotten heritage tag by International Commission on Irrigation and Drainage (ICID).