Current Affairs of 15 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:15-Sep-2018
1. Orion Spacecraft of NASA
· NASA completed the final test to qualify Orion’s space capsule’s parachute system for flights with astronauts.
· Orion spacecraft is designed to take humans farther than they have ever gone the space before.
· Exploration Mission-2 will be the mission where Orion will first fly with astronauts and which will venture near the moon and farther from the earth ever before.
2. Capacity Development Scheme
· Cabinet gave nod to continue Capacity Development Scheme till 2019-20 with an outlay of Rs. 2250 crore.
· The scheme is an ongoing scheme which aims at augmenting infrastructural, technical and manpower resources for making available credible and timely official statistics for policy makers.
· The scheme also includes augmenting resources for bringing out statistics such as Gross Domestic Product (GDP), Consumer Price Index (CPI), and Index of Industrial Production (IIP).
3. Tribal circuit under Swadesh Darshan Scheme
· Ministry of Tourism inaugurated India’s first tribal circuit project which will connect 13 tourism sites in Chhattisgarh under Swadesh Darshan Scheme.
· The project will develop craft hats, workshop centers, tourist amenities centers, nature trails, solar immunizations etc.
· It is a part of Swadesh Darshan Scheme with an objective to develop theme based tourist circuits across the country.
4. One liner Current Affairs
· India’s first underwater robotic drone “Eyerovtuna” launched on 14th September.
· Engineer’s day was celebrated on 15th September every year.
· RBI will purchase Government Securities (G-secs) of worth 10,000 crore through Open Market Operations (OMO).
· Bengal government has launched “Swayangsiddha” scheme to empower younger boys and girls to make informed choices so that they will be less vulnerable to child marriage and trafficking.
· Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister launched “Swachh Dhara” programme to provide clean drinking water across the state.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PiB