Current Affairs of 17 September 2018
Gaurav Kaushik, Published On:17-Sep-2018
1. Satya Prakash Malviya passed away
· Former Union Petroleum Minister Satya Prakash Malviya passed away.
· He also served as Environment Minister in the state of Uttar Pradesh (UP).
· He started his career in Praja Socialist Party and later moved to different parties including Congress.
2. Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas 2019 is in Varanasi
· The 15th edition of Pravasi Bhartiya Diwas will be held on 9th January 2019 in Varanasi.
· The theme of the day will be “Redefining engagement with the Indian diasporas”.
· In the year 2003, Vajpayee government started to celebrate the day on auspicious day of returning of Mahatma Gandhi from South Africa (9th January 1915).
3. One liner Current Affairs
· An indigenously Man Portable Anti-Tank Guided Missile (MPATGM) was tested successfully by Defense Research and Development Office (DRDO).
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched “Swachhta Hi Sewa” campaign on 16th September.
· Five-Time Champion M. C. Mary Kom won third gold medal of the year at Silesian open boxing tournament for women Gliwice, Poland.
· Sikkim got its first airport named as Greenfield Airport which will be inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 23rd September 2018.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB