Current Affairs of 18 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:18-Sep-2018
1. One liner Current Affairs
· India’s first woman IAS officer Anna Rajam Malhotra died. She joined civil services in 1951 and opted for Madras cadre.
· India and Sri Lanka signed MoU for construction of a 500 metric ton temp controlled warehouse in Dambulla, Sri Lanka.
· Sakshi Malik won silver medal at the Medved International Wrestling tournament in Belarus.
· Bank of Baroda, Vijaya Bank and Dena Bank will be merged into a single bank and it will be India’s third largest bank.
· India Tourism Mart was inaugurated in New Delhi by Railway and Coal Minister Piyush Goyal.
· PayU India will operate its own Non-Banking Finance Company (NBFC) as RBI has given approval to do so.
· Varun Dhawan and Anushka Sharma will be brand ambassadors of Skill India Mission (SIM).
· There will be no withholding tax on the interest of Masala bonds according to Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
· Indian Air Force (IAF) is planning to make a strategic base in Andhra Pradesh.
· Prashant Kumar has been appointed as the Chief Financial Officer (CFO) of the state bank of India.
· Polar Satellite Launch Vehicle of ISRO launched ‘NovaSAR’ and ‘S1-4’ successfully from Satish Dhawan Space center, Sriharikita.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB