Current Affairs of 26 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:26-Sep-2018
Women Empowerment Special
v There are various schemes for women empowerment implemented by Women and Child Development Ministry—
· Beti Bachao, Beti Padhao: The program is implemented to address the declining child-sex ratio (CSR) and related issue of empowerment of women over a life-cycle.
· Pradhan Mantri Mahila Shakti Kendra: The scheme is to promote community participation through involvement of student volunteers for empowerment of rural women.
· Rashtriya Mahila Kosh: It is to provide micro credit to poor women for different livelihood support and income generating activities at subsidized cost.
· Pradhan Mantri Matru Vandana Yojana: To provide cash incentives for improved health and nutrition to pregnant and nursing mothers.
· Swadhar Greh: To provide relief and rehabilitation to women in distress and destitute women.
· National Creche Scheme: To provide day care facility for such children of age group of 6 months to 6 years whom mother is employed.
· Ujjawala Scheme: For prevention of trafficking and for rescue, reintegration, rehabilitation and repatriation of victims of trafficking for commercial sexual exploitation.
· One Stop Centre and Women Helpline numbers are provided to facilitate access to an integrated range of services including medical aid, legal aid psychological counseling etc.
· Gender Budgeting Scheme is being also implemented for mainstreaming gender perspective at various stages of planning, budgeting, implementation and impact assessment and revisiting of policy objective and integrate various stakeholders for different scheme of women empowerment.
Source: Yojana (July-2018)