Current Affairs of 30 September 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:30-Sep-2018
v One liner Current Affairs
· Indian Railway has launched “Rail Heritage Digitization Project” in collaboration with Google Arts & Culture to showcase the country’s Rail Heritage to the National and International audience.
· Jayant Mammen Mathew has been elected as Indian Newspaper Society.
· India won Asia Cup 2018 after defeating Bangladesh by 3 wickets in the final match at Dubai. India has clinched the title 7th time.
· Conference on Academic Leadership on Education for Resurgence was inaugurated by Prime Minister Narendra Modi in New Delhi on 29th September 2018.
· Supreme has declared that government Aadhaar scheme is constitutionally valid.
· Assamese movie “Village Rockstar” has been selected as official entry to the Oscars 2019 from India.
· Vice President Venkaiah Naidu inaugurated Smart City Expo India 2018 in Jaipur.
· Deepak Punia won silver medal at the Junior World Wrestling Championship in Slovakia.
· India is at 96th rank in the Economic Freedom Index released by the Centre for Civil Society (CCS) which is two place upper than last year.
· Asian Development Bank (ADB) will give $150 million loan for establishment of first Multi-skills Park in Bhopal, Madhya Pradesh.
· The inaugural assembly of solar alliance will be held in Delhi-NCR on 2nd October.
· “Parakram Parv” is being celebrated by Indian Armed Forces from September 28 to September 30.
· Government has constituted High Level Committee on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) under Chairmanship of Injeti Srinivas.
· Government has set up 8 member committee to recommend names for post of Lokpal chairperson and members under the Chairmanship of Ranjana Prasad Desai.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB