Current Affairs of 17th October
Anjali Singh, Published On:17-Oct-2018
1. Telangana promised to give 1 lakh rupees to loan waiver.
- Increased the amount of investment support to landholding farmers to 5000 rupees per acre per season from the existing 4000 rupees.
Unemployment allowance of 3,016 rupees per month and increase in social security pension given to aged, widows,physically challenged and weavers.
To reduce the age eligibility for old age pensions to 57 from the prsent 65.
2. UP cabinet decided to change the name of Allahabad to Prayagraj
Earlier the name was Prayagraj as it was at the Triveni sangam
The proposal would now go the centre before the city is officially renamed.
3. Government is working to make India a “zero hunger” by 2030
4. Korean war memorial to be built in Delhi
- It will be built to commemorate India’s role in war which ended in an armistice in 1953.
- India and South Africa have agreed to built war memorial.
1.UPI to facilitate interoperability among prepaid payment instruments
- RBI allows PPIs to issue cards using networks such as Mastercard, Visa, RuPay
2. India leads in low-cost carrier growth
- Centre for Asia Pacific Aviation (CAPA) said the LCC market in India had the largest year on year rise among the top ten country market, up 20.7%.
3. Interest rate on GPF hiked to 8%.
- The centre has increased the rate of interest for General Provident Fund(GPF) and other related schemes by 0.4% points to 8% for Oct-Dec quarter.
1. In youth Olympics, Suraj Panwar clinched silver medal
- Suraj Panwar wins silver medal in the men’s 5000m race walk.
- Oscar Patin of Ecuador had won the Gold medal.
- It is going on in Buenos Aires, Argentina.
1. Paul Allen passes away at 65
- He was the Co-founder of microsoft
17th October is considered as International Day for the eradication of Poverty.
Reference from The Hindu and The Indian Express