Current Affairs of 25th July
Jithin Lal, Published On:25-Jul-2019
1.Delhi : High Court asked Centre Govt to look in to the matter of Internet search majorly Google
- Should be allowed or restrained from uploading maps of India, including defence installations, on its web service.
2.COPERATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY :
- Six Companies including Tata Power, ReNew Power, Hindustan Zinc, Aditya Birla Capital Ltd., YES Bank Ltd. and Mahindra & Mahindra won CSR Journal Excellence Awards.
3. 18 States have imposed complete ban on the use of plastic carry bags while five other States imposed a partial ban.
- The Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) has informed the National Green Tribunal (NGT) .
4. Andhra Pradesh : State Legislative Assembly passed a Bill on
Employment of Local Candidates in Industries/Factories .
- Bill provides 75% reservation to local youth in industries and factories, and train eligible candidates for bridging the skill gap.
5. Kerala : Agricultural University of State (KAU)
- Has announced plans to create a Centre for Advanced Agricultural Science and Technology for developing knowledge and skill in coconut based secondary agriculture.
6. Rajya Sabha : House of State approved the Protection of Children from Sexual Offences (Amendment) Bill, 2019 .
- Amendments including provision of the death penalty for aggravated sexual assault on children .
- Providing harsh punishments for other crimes against minors Bill also deals with provisions to curb child pornography .
- Now Bill will be tabled in Lok Sabha .
7. Women's representation in Delhi Police still remains low , even with reservation at various post .
- 9,341 are women out of the total strength of 80,115 Police force
- Informed Union Minister .
8.Tokyo Olympics 2020 : Organizers unveils the design of Medals Medals designed to reflect the “energy” of athletes .
- The medals will be made from recycled materials collected from old electronics waste .
- The Medal will look like Old Rough Stones that have been polished.
9. Cricket : Ireland playing First test match ended fairy tale run of England Cricket team
- Ireland bundled English out for just 85 runs at Lords .
10. Kerala Tourism’s to organize maiden Champions Boat League (CBL) on the lines of Indian Premier League .
- 9 Boat clubs to compete in the inaugural tournament .
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau website