Current Affairs of 27th July
Jithin Lal, Published On:27-Jul-2019
1.The proposed amendment to Unlawful Activities Prevention Act that will enable the government to term individuals as terrorists will not be misused says Govt .
- Once this law is changed , first to be termed as terrorists will be JaisheMohammad’s Masood Azhar ,Lashkare Taiba chief Hafiz Saeed .
2. B.S. Yediyurappa becomes 31st Chief Minister of Karnataka after the collapse of the CongressJD(S) government .
- He will take floor test to prove his majority
3. Petition to legalise cannabis a banned drug ,for medicinal purpose was rejected with a fine of ₹10,000.
- It can only be done by bringing proper enactment or amendment under the Narcotics Drugs and Psychotropic Substances Act court said .
4. China, Russia and France collaborated with India on sharing satellite images of the scale of inundation of Assam flood .
- As signatories to the The International Charter Space and Major Disasters any of 32 member countries can request for help to get satellites images that have the best eyes on the site of the disaster.
5. President Ram Nath Kovind and Army Chief Bipin Rawat paid tributes to soldiers who sacrificed lives during the Kargil war 20 years ago.
- The Army chief used the occasion to warn Pakistan against a misadventure in J&K..
6. Iran fired a Shahab3 medium range missile, said U.S military official .
- Official also mentioned it did not create any threat to U.S or other Western shipping or military bases in the region.
7.100 additional companies of security forces in Jammu and Kashmir. deployed .
- This has been done in order to strengthen the counter insurgency grid as well as for maintaining law and order situation in Jammu and Kashmir.
8. Ireland collapsed at Lords test , shattering the dreams of defeating England .
- It was Ireland's first test match after they became a permanent member of ICC .
9..American Caeleb Dressel breaks a world record in the 100m butterfly.
- Dressel clocked 49.50 sec during the World Championships semifinal in Gwangju, South Korea.
- Michael Phelps timing was 49.82 sec in August 2009.
10. The Indian Olympic Association pulled out of the Commonwealth Games Federation general assembly meeting.
- In response to the dropping of shooting from the 2022 Birmingham Commonwealth Games.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau website