Current Affairs 10th August
JYOTI RANI, Published On:10-Aug-2019
1. The 66th National Film Award were announced
- Owing to the Lok sabha polls election the announcement of 66th national film award was delayed. But the awards were announced on friday. The winners are….
- Ayushman khurana and Vicky Kaushal won the best actor award for Andhadhund and Uri : The surgical strike jointly.
- Keerthy Suresh won the best actress award for Mahanti (Telugu movie )
- Best director honour was received by Aditya Dhar for Uri : The surgical strike
- Best Feature film Hellaro (GujaratI film)
- Best film on social issue is Padman based on true story
- .Best film on environment conservation Paani ( Marathi)
- Exam Takeaway :- For the first time a new category is included in the awards titled as “ Most Film Friendly State” won by Uttarakhand.
2. “Thar Express” weekly train to karachi to be stopped as a response by pakistan to Article 370
The train connects Jodhpur to Karachi and is a weekly train which was destroyed in 1965 and revived in 2006 is to be suspended as announced by Pakistan’s Railway Minister Sheikh Rashid Ahmed .
3. Rotavirus Vaccine is to get by every child in the country
All the States and Union Territories of india will be provided “ ROTAVIRUS” vaccine Under an ambitious plan of 100 days agenda of the newly elected government by this September under three stages.
- When a child is one and a half months old
- Two and a half months old
- And three and a half months old
The estimates provide that Rotavirus cause 8,72,000 hospitalisations; 32,70,000 outpatient visits and estimated 78,000 deaths annually in India.
4. Brexit Turmoil drives United Kingdom on the edge of Recession
The economy of Britain has been retreated in the second quarter of the year on Brexit turmoil as shown by the official data on friday. GDP reduced by 0.2% in the April-June period for the first time the economy has shrunk in seven years almost . The Office For National Statistics (ONS) said in its statement.
5. Hima Das the Golden Girl
Hima Das has won five consecutive gold medals in different meets across Poland and Czeh Republic in July . Das is the second fastest Asian after Su Bingtian and got featured in the top 10 under 20 runners in the world in 2019 .
6. BCCI comes under NADA horizon
The BCCI ( Board Of Cricket Control In India) will now come under the ambit of NADA ( National Anti Doping Agency ) it means the cricketers of Indian team will be tested by NADA. the decision is taken by senior BCCI representatives , including CEO Rahul Johri and General Manager Saba Karim with Sports Ministry Officials.
7. 10 AUGUST WORLD BIO FUEL DAY
Every year 10 august is considered as World Bio Fuel Day to spread awareness about non fossil fuel (Green Fuels) by the Ministry Of Petroleum and Natural Gas since 2015 . it will be organised by the Ministry Of Petroleum and Natural Gas at Vigyan Bhavan , New Delhi.
8. SC confirmed the constitutional validity of Insolvency & Bankruptcy Code
The Supreme Court has confirmed the validity of insolvency and bankruptcy code to resolve the issues arising in the process of insolvency.
The petitioner argued that IBC doesn’t make an intelligible differentiation of a financial creditor and operational creditor and violates Article 14.
9. Shahrukh Khan to receive an honorary doctorate by Melbourne’s La Trobe University
Shah Rukh Khan to receive an honorary doctorate degree from MELBOURNE’S LA TROBE University for contributing towards underprivileged children, women's empowerment through Meer Foundation and for contributing to the Indian Bollywood industry. King Khan, is visiting Australia to attend the tenth edition of Indian film festival of Melbourne (IFFM) as its chief guest, aforementioned that recognising his humanitarian endeavours for the first time by the country was a great honour.
10. 4th Edition of National Entrepreneurship Award 2019
The fourth edition of the National Entrepreneurship Awards, was conducted to recognize and develop outstanding Indian Entrepreneurs and activate a cultural shift in youngsters for entrepreneurship by the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) .
SOURCE : THE HINDU, ECONOMIC TIMES INDIAN EXPRESS,The TIMES OF INDIA .