Current Affairs 12th August
JYOTI RANI, Updated On:14-Aug-2019
1.Child care leave to single male personnel
- Defence Minister Rajnath Singh has approved the extension of advantages of child Care Leave (CCL) to single male service personnel and relaxations of CCL provisions just in case of ladies officers of defence forces.
- Presently, CCL is granted to ladies officers in defence forces.Single male service personnel and girls officers of defence forces also will be ready to avail CCL in case of a child having 40% incapacity.
- Further, the minimum amount of CCL that may be availed has been reduced to 5 days from the limit of 15 days.
- EXAM TAKEAWAY :- The heads of the three Indian Armed Forces are
- Chief of the Army Staff — General Bipin Rawat.
- Chief of the Naval Forces — Admiral Karambir Singh.
- Chief of the Air workers — Air Chief Marshal Birender Singh Dhanoa.
2. Reliance is conducting its AGM (annual general meeting) today
- Reliance Industries restricted (RIL) is hosting its 42nd Annual General Meeting (AGM) where the announcement of Jio Gigafiber's has been made.
- Reliance’s AGM was held at Birla Matushri Sabhagar in urban center.
- The RIL AGM also will see attention on Reliance Jio, the company’s telecommunications arm.
- Reliance Jio is anticipated to form 2 major announcements throughout the AGM.
- The primary major announcement that's expected is that industrial rollout of Jio Gigafiber, that is the company’s fiber-based broadband service.
- Jio is anticipated to bundle the service with TV and telephone line services further.
3. Exhibition on DAE (Dept. of atomic energy) Technologies:Empowering India Through Technologies Began
- The Department of atomic energy (DAE) and Government of India, is organizing a two-day exhibition on DAE product technologies for non-power applications at New Moti Bagh recreation club, New Delhi.
- The exhibition was inaugurated by the Secretary of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) Shri Rakesh Gupta .
4. Army launches a high level mission "Mission Reach Out" in Jammu & Kashmir
- Conference to review the current scenario in the Jammu and Kashmir was control within the Nagrota Military Station.
- The divisional commissioner assured of adequate handiness of all basic requirements and essential service.
- A high level mission "Mission Reach Out"is launched to cater the situation of J&K announced inthe conference that was chaired by company Corps Commander Lt. Paramjit Singh.
5. Veteran actor Rishi Kapoor has launched actor Anupam Kher's biograph
- Anupam kher’s biography has been launched by his close friend and a veteran actor Rishi Kapoor naming “ Lessons Life told me, unknowingly" in New York.
- Kher additionally felt extraordinarily pleased to have his friends on his special day.
6. M.Venkaiah Naidu’s Biography launched by Union Home Minister
- Union Minister for Home Affairs, Shri Amit shah launched the book ‘Listening, Learning and Leading’ in chennai.
- This book relies on Vice President of India, Shri M. Venkaiah Naidu’s 2 years in workplace.
- The book has recorded a glimpses of the Vice President’s 330 public engagements across the country.
- Talking regarding the book and his experiences from Life, Shri Naidu said that this book offers a glimpse of his life when assuming the workplace of the Vice President of Bharat.
SPORTS AND CULTURE
7. Men’s Asian Volleyball championship U-23 category
- India clenched a silver medal suffering a 1-3 loss against Chinese Taipei within the final of the Asian U-23 Volleyball Championships in NayPyiTaw the modern capital of Myanmar (Burma).
- India place up a brave fight when losing the primary 2 sets to secure the third set.
8. India-China’s External Affairs Ministers’ meet
- External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar, is on a three-day visit to China, after visiting his Chinese counterpart he confirmed that India-China relations should be an element of stability at a time when the globe is facing a degree of uneasiness.
9. International Youth Day 12th August
- Every year 12th August is considered as International Youth Day .
- 12th August was 1st selected as International Youth Day by the international organization General Assembly in 1999,
- To celebrate the role of young girls and men as essential partners in the developement of world and a chance to boost awareness of challenges and issues facing the world’s youth.
- This year’s theme “Transforming Education” highlights efforts to create education additional inclusive and accessible for all youth, as well as efforts by youth themselves.
10. Odisha's noted revolutionist Dayanidhi Nayak died in Bhubaneswar:
- Noted revolutionist Dayanidhi Nayak passed away in Odisa's capital. He was 95.
- He breathed his last at 7:30 am and just four days before the celebration of 73rdIndependence Day.
- The veteran was undergoing treatment in Bargarh due to his poor health.
- EXAM TAKEAWAY:- Odisha’s CM:- Naveen Patnaik.
- Governor:- Ganeshi Lal
- Capital :- Bhubneswar
- WLS:- a) Chilika Wildlife Sanctuary
- Ushakothi (Badrama) Wildlife Sanctuary
SOURCE : THE HINDU, PIB, INDIAN EXPRESS, TOI, ECONOMIC TIMES, HINDUSTAN TIMES