1. Social Media and Adhaar Card No. to be linked together for cyber security
- The Supreme Court has emphasised on the need to create a balance between the right of the State and right to online privacy of people by which people who use the online platforms or dark web to spread fake and hater speech which contributes to commit crimes.
- Justice Aniruddha Ghose and Justice Deepak Gupta expressed worry over the issues and harms of the dark web. Though the access of the dark web is not easy but it is very essential to have the knowledge of the dark side of the dark web. It is very different than the reality web which we access in general life.
2. NRC’s Final list is to be released by 31st August
- The National Register of Citizens process is going on in Assam and its deadline is announced on August 31st for the final publication of the National Register of Citizens, announced by the Home Ministry that those people who are left out of being registered will be provided an opportunity to move the Foreigners Tribunals arranged by the Government of India.
- The time limit for appealing to the NCR process has been increased from 60 to 120 days.
3. Chandrayan-2 entered in lunar Orbit
- Chandrayan-2 which was launched from SriHariKota, Satish Dhawan Space Centre targeting at Moon Mission which was carried by ISRO, for which a 30 minutes operation was carried out by ISRO’s Orbit Insertion was carried out at 9:02 a.m.
4. Shri Rajesh Ranjan, CISF, DG, Bestowed sports personnel of CISF in World Police & Fire Games-2019
- The World Police and Fire Games are an Olympic style Competition was held in China .The World Police and Fire Games for 2019 was held from 08-18 August, 2019 at Chengdu, China where CISF ( Central Industrial Security Forces) sports personnel represented India in different sporting events and won eight (08) medals.
- In these games 10,000 athletes represents firefighters,law enforcement and officers from, corrections, border protection, probation, customs and immigration and from 70+ countries across the world who competes in 60+ sports.
5. DRDO hands over design of Mobile Metallic Ramp to Indian Army
- (MMR) design of Mobile Metallic Ramp to the Indian Army has submitted by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) in a ceremony which was held at DRDO Bhawan. Chairman of DRDO Dr G Satheesh Reddy along with Secretary Department of Defence Research and Development Organisation has handed over the design of MMR to Vice Chief of Army Staff, Lt Gen Devraj Anbu.
- The MMR is modular in design, and it can be assembled or disassembled easily.
6. 9TH Session of India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee held in New Delhi
- The India-Kenya Joint Trade Committee (JTC) 9th Session was held on 19th – 20th August in New Delhi. The Indian delegation was presented by Piyush Goyal, Union Minister of Commerce & Industry and Railways.
- The Kenyan delegation was presented by Minister of Industry, Trade and Cooperatives, Peter Munya and Government of the Republic of Kenya.Piyush Goyal mentioned that India and Kenya have a close and hormonal relations and this will increase the trade and investment and enhance people to people contacts.
7.The scheme ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana’ has launched in Punjab
- Ayushman Bharat and existing insurance scheme of Punjab benefitting 46 lakh families—around 76% of the population of the state. According to the (SECC),Socio Economic and Caste Census, Ayushman Bharat have covered only 14.86 lakh families while the ‘Mahatma Gandhi Sarbat Sehat Bima Yojana’ in its initial stage, will benefit a total no.of 46 lakh families.
- The scheme has provision of 5 lakh Rs. insurance coverage like the original PMJAY (Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana). Chief Minister of Punjab, Amarinder Singh has launched the scheme on the occasion of the 75th birth anniversary of former Prime Minister of India Rajiv Gandhi.
8. The Second Uday Express To Be Launched
- The Indian Railways in order to cater to the busy route in the East Coast Railway zone, will launched a second luxury double-decker train (Utkrisht Double-decker Air-conditioned Yatri) Uday Express. Which is to be run between Vijayawada and Visakhapatnam.
9. Draft on National Resource Efficiency Policy for 2019 has released
- The (MoEFCC) Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change released a draft on (NREP) National Resource Efficiency Policy 2019. Which aims at streamlining the effective use of the resources with zero impact on the environment.
- This Idea of the national policy is to move the country towards circular economy by the effective use of available material resources, based on ‘green public procurement and principle of 6R.
- The 6R stands for Reduce, Reuse, Recycle, Redesign, Re-manufacture and Refurbish.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau website