Current Affairs 5th September
JYOTI RANI, Published On:05-Sep-2019
1.First Army recruitment rally in Jammu and Kashmir after revocation of Article 370
- Indian Army is organizing the first Army Recruitment Rally after the revocation of Article 370 and Article 35A, in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The Recruitment Rally was conducted by “Army Recruitment Office, Jammu” with a period of seven-day.
- The Rally is conducted at Subsidiary Training Centre (STC) of Jammu and Kashmir Police at Talwara, Reasi.
- This rally is aimed at providing employment to youth from seven districts including Kishtwar, Doda, Poonch, Rajouri, Udhampur, Ramban and Reasi.
2. International symposium on buckwheat being organised by North Eastern Hills University In Meghalaya
- A four-day “International symposium on buckwheat” is being organised by North Eastern Hills University, Shillong in Meghalaya
- Date:- 3rd to 6th September 2019
- Theme:- "Diversifying food systems for health and nutritional security"
- Chief Guest:- Governor of Meghalaya “Tathagata Roy”
- Buckwheat is also used widely as a cover crop to smother weeds and improve the soil.
- Buckwheat is a relatively low input crop that has relatively high yields even in marginal soil.
- Buckwheat's flour can be used as food and medicine both, buckwheat is used to improve blood flow by strengthening veins and small blood vessels; to treat varicose veins.
PRIME MINISTER OFFICE
3. MoUs exchanged between India- Russia during the visit of Prime Minister to Vladivostok
- The Memorandum of Understanding have been exchanged between the two nations. PM went on a two visit to Vladivostok, with this the Prime Minister has got the tag of the first Indian Prime Minister to visit the Far East Region of Russia. The numbers of MoU signed between the two nations are as follows……
- Agreement for the Expansion of India- Russia Trade and Investments.
- Agreement for "Reaching New Heights of Cooperation by Trust and Partnership”.
- Memorandum of Intent between the “Ministry of Transport of the Russian Federation” and the indian “Ministry of Shipping of the Republic of India” on the Development of Maritime Communications between the Port of Chennai, and the Port of Vladivostok.
- Agreement between the Government of India and the Government of the Russian on Cooperation in Audiovisual Co-production.
- Memorandum of Understanding between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas of India and Ministry of Energy of the Russian Federation on the use of Natural Gas for Transportation.
4. Shri Ram Vilas Paswan announces ban on single use plastic products in the Ministry from 15th September, 2019
- “Shri Ram Vilas Paswan, the Union Minister of Consumer Affairs Food and Public Distribution” announced a big ban on all types of single use plastic products in the Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution and all its Public Sector Units including Food Corporation of India (FCI).
- In this meeting the decision was taken that all single use plastic products will be completely banned in Ministry and its Public Sector Units from 15th September.
- The decision on this was taken in a high level meeting with Secretaries of the Departments of Consumer Affairs and Food, Chief Managing Director of Food Corporation of India, Director General of Bureau of India Standards, and Director of Legal Metrology..
5. President Ram Nath Kovind to confer National Awards to teachers on Teacher's day
- The nation celebrates “Teachers Day on 5th September”.
- It is celebrated to remember the birth anniversary of “Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan” the former President and great educationist of india. President Ram Nath Kovind will confer the National Award to the Teachers-2018 who contributed to enlighten the education into the country. VENUE:- New Delhi.
- CHIEF GUEST:- President Ram Nath Kovind, Vice President Venkaiah Naidu, Prime Minister Narender Modi
- The teachers was greeted across the country on this occasion.
NOTE:- Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath, launched "Prerna App" into the state on this occasion. With this, the government schools all over Uttar Pradesh are going to enter into a new era of digital transformation
6.CBI's 1st national conference on cybercrime investigation inaugurated at CBI Headquarters in New Delhi.
- The 1st National Conference on Cyber Crime Investigation and Cyber Forensics is inaugurated by “CBI Director Rishi Kumar Shukla”
- OBJECTIVE:- To create capacity building and creation of competent investigators,prosecutors and judicial officers who are digitally aware and digital forensic analysts.
- The conference also stressed out one of the mandates of CBI which is to investigate crimes with inter-state and international ramifications.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITIONS
7. Prof Muhammad Yunus conferred 'Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ' award
- “Professor Muhammad Yunus” Nobel Laureate belongs to Bangladesh was conferred the 'Lamp of Peace of Saint Francis ' award for his contribution towards establishing peace and harmony by “Vatican”
- VENUE:- Papal Basilica of Assisi in Italy
- AWARD FIELD:- The award is given for distinguished work by an individual for promoting peace and dialogue among people.
- The Lamp of Peace award was first given to the Polish trade union leader “Lech Walesa” in 1981.
- Dalai Lama, Mikhail Gorbachev and Angela Merkel are a few other prominent persons who received this award earlier.
8. RBI makes repo-linked interest rates mandatory for all Banks
- The Reserve Bank of India mandates for banks to link all of their new loan products, be it personal, housing or auto to an external benchmark like “Policy repo rate” or any benchmark market interest rate published by “FBIL- Financial Benchmarks India Private Limited” or the “Government’s 3-month and 6-month treasury bill yields published by FBIL” as their preferred external benchmark.
- Banks will have to link their products to an external benchmark with effect from 1st October 2019.
- OBJECTIVE:- To carry the transmission of Monetary Policy.
9. Khadi registered tremendous growth after PM's appeal
- Vinai Kumar Saxena, The Chairman of KVIC announced that Khadi registered tremendous growth after the appeal made by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. the Chairman also addressed that the Khadi Sector is marking “The 150th birth anniversary of Father of Nation, Mahatma Gandhi will be celebrated on the 2nd of October this year”. Mahatma Gandhi strongly advocated the usage of Khadi products.
- In 1918, Mahatma Gandhi started his movement for Khadi as to provide relief programme for the poor population living in India's villages.
- The khadi movement by Gandhi aimed at boycotting foreign cloth and to promote the spinning of khadi for rural self-employment and self-reliance.
10. Roger Federer knocked out of US Open
- Roger Fedrer lost the 46th Grand Slam Semi- Finals and Knocking him down Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov has entered in his first “US Open Semi Final Tennis Tournament”
- VENUE:- Arthur Ashe Stadium, New York.
- In this tournament Roger Federer was defeated by the Bulgarian Grigor Dimitrov with this win he has entered his first US Open Semi- Final.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, TOI, ECONOMIC TIMES, INDIAN EXPRESS, HINDUSTAN TIMES, AIR, PIB.