Current Affairs 6th September
JYOTI RANI, Published On:06-Sep-2019
1. “Gujarat Government” and “Delaware State of America” signed Memorandum of Understanding for sister- state
- MoU -Memorandum of Understanding for sister- state has been signed by the Gujarat Government and the Delaware State of America in Gandhinagar, Gujarat
- PARTIES:- MoU was signed by Gujarat Chief Minister Vijay Rupani and Delaware’s Secretary of state Jeffery Bullock.
- This is the first sister state MoU signed by Gujarat with any state of America.
- MoU consists of cooperation in the field of services and investment opportunities in (GIFT) Gujarat International Finance Tec-City.
- Sectors like Bio sciences, Biotechnology University, Animal Husbandry, Dairy, Port Services and Financial Services were discussed for the cooperation.
- Gujarat International Finance Tec-City (GIFT City) is an (IFSC) international financial services centre city also known as business city promoted by the Gujarat government and is India's first operational smart city.
2. Foundation stone of NERAMAC, is laid down by Jitendra Singh in Guwahati
- Dr. Jitendra Singh, a Union DoNER Minister laid the foundation stone of (NERAMAC), North Eastern Regional Agricultural Marketing Corporation Limited, a marketing complex in Guwahati.
- The marketing complex will be a destination which will help to showcase the products of the North-Eastern region.
3. PM announces New Delhi's line of credit for development of ‘Far East region of Russia’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi went on a two day visit to attend ‘5th Eastern Economic Forum (EEF), India-Russia Annual Summit’ and held bilateral meetings with several world leaders in Russia.
- As a result of his visit to Vladivostok, Far East region of Russia, Prime Minister Modi has announced a line of credit worth 1Billion US dollars for the development of the Far East region of Russia.
4. ISRO is ready to create a historic moment by touching down India's moon lander Vikram to lunar surface on september 7
- ‘Lander Vikram’ is all set to land on the moon by tomorrow.Currently, Lander Vikram is encircling the moon in a very low orbit.
- The scientists are busy in the preparations to create a historic moment at the Satellite Control Centre of the ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network in Bengaluru.
- ISRO said, the lander will move downwards towards the lunar territory between 1 AM and 2 AM which will lead the explorer to touch down on the moon’s surface Vikram will allow the rover “Pragyaan” to roll out from it and to explore the lunar soil.
5. SLINEX 2019, Indo-Lanka maritime fleet exercise to be held in Visakhapatnam
- SLINEX 2019, the joint maritime naval exercise between the Sri Lankan Navy and Indian Navy is to be held at the port of Visakhapatnam.
- Sri Lankan Navy is sending two ships to India to participate in the with the Indian Navy.
- The exercise will be attended by the commanding flag officer of the naval fleet and 323 Sri Lankan navy personnel.
6. FATF, a Global anti-terror agency taking strong steps against Pakistan
- Global anti-terror agency, (FATF) the Financial Action Task Force is tightening the loop around Pakistan. The agency is working as the international group on money laundering and terror financing.
- The move is significant and it will be one of the major points in assessing the final review of Pakistan.
- The final decision with respect to downgrading Pakistan in the blacklist is to be made by the plenary working group meetings of the task force and is scheduled for October 13-18 in Paris.
AWARDS AND RECOGNITION
7. President Ram Nath Kovind to present Swachh Bharat Mission Awards in the Capital
- The Swachhata Mahotsav is to be attended by ‘President Ram Nath Kovind’ in New Delhi. At this event the Awards for outstanding contributions to the journey of ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ in various categories will be conferred by the President.
- CHAIRMAN:- Minister for Jal Shakti Gajendra Singh Shekhawat will have the authority over the function.
- OBJECTIVE:- PM Narendra Modi has launched the ‘Swachh Bharat Mission’ on 2nd October, 2014.
- The primary objective of this mission is to accelerate the efforts to achieve universal sanitation coverage and to put focus on sanitation.
8. Mini Conclave related to First Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh
- The Mini Conclave of First Jammu and Kashmir Investor Summit-2019 is held in Leh after abrogation of Article 370 and 35A.
- ‘Navin Kumar Choudhary’ Jammu and Kashmir Industries & Commerce Principal Secretary addressing the investor said the latest political developments are meant for fast development in the state, despite the Jammu & Kashmir and Ladakh are going to be the Union Territories from 1st November onwards.
- MEMBERS OF THE CONCLAVE:- Leh Hill Council CEC ‘Gyal P Wangyal’
- LAHDC Officials.
- CII Representatives
- And investors from across the state.
MINISTRY OF DEFENCE
9. 28TH Edition of Indo–Thai CORPAT began.
- 28th edition of (Indo-Thai CORPAT) India-Thailand Coordinated Patrol between the Indian Navy and the Royal Thai Navy is being conducted started from 05 September to 15 September 2019. Indian Naval (IN) Ship PARTICIPANTS:- Indian Naval Ship Kesari and His Majesty’s Thailand Ship Kraburi along with Maritime Patrol Aircraft from both countries’ navies are participating in the CORPAT.
- OBJECTIVES:- Indo-Thai CORPAT is conducted to ensure effective implementation of (UNCLOS) United Nations Convention on the Laws of the Sea
- UNCLOS specify regulations regarding protection and conservation of marine environment, natural resources, prevention and suppression of illegal, unregulated fishing activity.
- To prevent drug trafficking, exchange of information in the prevention of smuggling,and conduct of Search and Rescue operations at sea.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, TOI, ECONOMIC TIMES, INDIAN EXPRESS, HINDUSTAN TIMES, AIR, PIB.