1. Rajnath Singh invites South Korean Defence Industries to the investment
- Defence Minister, Rajnath Singh said that a roadmap listing a number of proposed areas of cooperation in sectors of Aero Systems, Land Systems, and Naval Systems, Research, and Development Co-operation and others should be reached to the next level of cooperation.
- The Defence Minister invited the Korean Industry to invest in a local production of items, that are used in main weapon system, imported by Indian Defence PSUs by setting up of a task force that identifies such items that are economically viable and locally produced in India resulting in the reduction of import bill.
2. Indian Air Force is organizing Kargil to Kohima an Ultra Marathon to mark 20 years of 'Vijay Diwas'
- To Commemorate 20 years of 'Vijay Diwas', the Indian Air Force is organizing an ‘ultra-marathon Kargil to Kohima’ spanning over 4,500 km from Kargil to Kohima which will commence on September 21.
- ‘The Marathon Kargil to Kohima (K2K): Glory Run’ will be celebrated from Kargil War Memorial at Dras in Jammu and Kashmir, and Kohima War Cemetery in Nagaland.
3. Lander Vikram of Chandrayaan-2 loses communication minutes before a soft landing
- Vikram, the lander of the lunar craft Chandrayaan 2 has lost its communication just minutes before its planned soft landing near the South Pole of the moon.
- According to ISRO Mission Control Centre in Bengaluru, the Vikram Lander descent was initiated as planned and normal performance was observed up to an altitude of 2.1 km after that the communication from the Lander to the ground stations was lost.
- According to the ISRO, officials the data is being analyzed.
4. Sex ratio improved from 918 to 931 in five years
- States and districts were honored by Smriti Irani, Minister of Textiles and Minister of Women and Child Development (additional charges) for improved sex ratio from 918 to 931 in five years and spreading awareness under the ‘Beti Bachao Beti Padhao campaign’.
- STATES HONORED:- Uttarakhand, Haryana, Delhi, Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh received honors for improving sex ratio at birth.
- DISTRICTS HONORED:- Nine districts, East Kameng of Arunachal Pradesh, Udham Singh Nagar of Uttrakhand, Mahendragarh and Bhiwani in Haryana, Tamil Nadu's Namakkal, and Jalgaon district of Maharashtra were also awarded for better sex ratio at birth.
5. PM Modi inaugurates first metro coach manufactured by ‘Bharat Earth Movers’
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi, has inaugurated the first metro coach manufactured by Maharashtra, a state-based ‘Bharat Earth Movers’ in Mumbai. Along with this Prime minister also inaugurated the ‘Bandongri metro station’ on the Andheri-Dahisar Metro-7 line.
- The Prime Minister also laid the foundation stones for three Metro corridors, namely Gaimukh-Shivaji Chowk, Wadala-CST and Kalyan-Taloja
6. 6th India-China Strategic Economic Dialogue begins in New Delhi
- The 6th India-China (SED) Strategic Economic Dialogue begins in New Delhi. the three-day dialogue will comprise round table meetings of joint working groups on energy, infrastructure, resource conservation, high-technology, pharmaceuticals, and policy coordination.
- LEADERS OF THE DIALOGUE:- Niti Aayog Vice-Chairman Dr. Rajiv Kumar will lead the Indian side and the Chairman of National Development and Reforms Commission (NDRC), will lead the Chinese side.
7. India- South Korea sign two major agreements
- India and South Korea signed two major agreements to further defense educational exchanges and to expand logistical support to both countries’ Navies. The agreements were signed after the talks held between Defence Minister Rajnath Singh and his South Korean counterpart Jeong Kyeongdoo in Seoul.
- OBJECTIVE:- To enhance defense co-operation between the two countries.
- The ongoing co-operation between two countries at the service-to-service level and to enhance the co-operation between defense industries of India and South Korea were also discussed while signing the agreements.
8. Arif Mohammad Khan, appointed as Kerala’s new Governor
- Arif Mohammad Khan has been appointed as the 22nd Governor of Kerala.
- Mr. Khan has taken the oath under the administration of Chief Justice of Kerala High Court. He will succeed P. Sathasivam, the former governor and Chief Justice of the Supreme Court.
9. Pakistan's master leg-spinner Abdul Qadir passes away
- Abdul Qadir, Pakistan's master leg-spinner died in Lahore after suffering from a massive cardiac arrest. Qadir, who played in 67 Tests and 104 ODIs had a total of 368 wickets in his international career. He took 9 wickets for 56 in one test against West Indies at Faisalabad. Qadir was 63 years old.
10. Robert Mugabe, Zimbabwe ex-President dies at 95 years of his age
- Former Zimbabwe President Cde Robert Mugabe has died at the age of 95. The confirmation of his death was announced by the country’s President Emmerson Mnangagwa. Mugabe was the country's first post-independence leader and was an icon of liberation. He was also designated as Zimbabwe's founding father and former President.
SOURCE: THE HINDU, TOI, ECONOMIC TIMES, INDIAN EXPRESS, HINDUSTAN TIMES, AIR, PIB.