Current Affairs 15th September
JITHIN LAL , Published On:15-Sep-2019
1.The Chief Minister of Maharashtra Devendra Fadnavis has approved Rs.1680 crore to water supply scheme for Aurangabad town in the Marathwada region.
- Around 16 lakh people of Aurangabad are going to be benefitted by this water supply scheme from the Jayakwadi dam.
- Objective:The Water inadequacy is probably going issue within the Marathwada region wherever the BJP is making an attempt to form deep inroads. The elections measure slated to be in October.
2.Prime Minister and economist Manmohan Singh have suggested 5 remedial measures reverse the current economic slowdown in the country.
- He said demonetization and faulty implementation of the Goods and Services Tax has wrecked the economy.
Five reform measures:
- Instead of making sectoral announcements, the govt should take efforts to simultaneously take forward the entire economic framework. GST should be made logical.
- Agriculture should be revived and boost rural consumption.
- Infuse liquidity in the system for capital formation.
- Revitalize key labor-intensive sectors like textile, automobile, electronics and affordable housing. To implement this, easy loans would be required, especially for micro, small and medium enterprises (MSMEs).
- Tackle emerging export opportunities due to the tariff war between the United States and China.
3 Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman has announced a third set of government decisions to revive the economy, including a ₹50,000 crore export incentive scheme and a ₹10,000 crore special window to provide last mile funding for unfinished housing projects.
- The decisions announced by the Minister follow two previous mega announcements designed to encourage private sector investment, and bring further stability into the banking system through several public sector bank mergers.
- Focusing on providing a fillip to exports, which contracted 6.05% in August, and easing the plight of home buyers.
4.India-Russia signs Contract for Modernization of Radar and Missile Systems of Delhi Class of Indian Navy Ships.
- Under the welfare of labor modernization, the renovation scheme would be undertaken in India in producing important hardware partnerships with the Indian trade.
5.The govt besides the National Intelligence Grid (NATGRID) plans to connect to social media with records including immigration entry, banking, and phone numbers and all database information in one platform case. Home Minister has reviewed the progress of NATGRID on 12th Sept in Delhi.
- The National Intelligence Grid wass first began in 2009 with a spending limit of Rs.2,800 crore. About 10 central agencies like Intelligence Bureau (IB), Research and Analysis Wing (R&AW) and others will approach the information in a secured manner.
6.The National Register of Citizens (NRC) authority published the final list of the National Register of Citizens (NRC) on its website that includes the citizenship status of every individual in Assam.But it is still not the final NRC.
- Even a person included in this final list can still be excluded anytime under certain conditions.
- The final list of Assam NRC was published by the government on August 31, leaving out 19 lakh people out of the citizenship list.
- According to the NRC authority, any fact of misrepresentation of particulars or documents discovered by the authorities can render a person ineligible and will lead to exclusion or deletion of the person from the National Register of Citizens.
- A total of 3,30,27,661 persons had applied for inclusion of their names in the NRC. Out of the total applicants, 3,11,21,004 persons have been found eligible for inclusion in the final NRC. 19,06,657 persons have been left out from the list.
7.The International Day of Democracy is observed on 15 September.
- The day aims to provide an opportunity to review the state of democracy in the world. The day urges all governments to respect their citizens' right to active, substantive and meaningful participation in democracy.
- The day urges all governments to respect their citizens' right to active, substantive and meaningful participation in democracy.
8.President Ram Nath Kovind is visiting Switzerland as a part of his three-nation tour to enhance political, cultural and trade ties.
- The aim of the meeting is to promote solar energy worldwide. India-Switzerland has signed a wealthy cultural engagement for bilateral cooperation. Switzerland is the world leader in innovation.
- Already many Swiss and Indian start-ups hands to form solutions for global climate change, human health and additional.
- India wants its appearance forward to several additional such partnerships with Switzerland.
- The signs are based on the renewable source energy collaboration between India and Switzerland with science, technology on innovation.
- Over 80 science institutions and 300 researchers from India and Switzerland connected together for this joint program.
9. Marriott International, the world's largest hotel chain is planning to small plastic bottles of shampoo, conditioner and bath gel from its hotel rooms worldwide by December 2020.
- They'll be replaced with larger bottles or wall-mounted dispensers, depending on the hotel.
- They will eliminate about 200 million tiny bottles each year by 2021. Marriott more than 7,000 hotels in 131 countries under 30 brands, ranging from SpringHill Suites and Residence Inn to Sheraton and Ritz-Carlton.
10.India cricket team won the U-19 Asia Cup title with a thrilling five run win over Bangladesh in a low-scoring final .
- Defending a paltry total of 106, India bundled Bangladesh for 101 in 33 overs.
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau website