Current Affairs of 6th Nov 2019
Pankaj Vishwakarma, Published On:06-Nov-2019
1. New Delhi hosted ‘International Conference on Soil and Water Resources Management for Climate Smart Agriculture and Global Food & Livelihood Security’ :
- Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare yesterday inaugurated ‘International Conference on Soil and Water Resources Management for Climate Smart Agriculture and Global Food & Livelihood Security’ a five day long conference at National Agricultural Science Centre Complex in New Delhi .
- This conference was jointly organised by Soil Conservation Society of India & World Association of Soil and Water Conservation (WASWAC).
- China and International Soil Conservation Organization (ISCO), U.S.A. also a partner of this event.
- Issues and challenges of soil and water conservation were the main focussed area.
- This will also ensures reaching our flagship target of Doubling the farmers’ income by the Year - 2022.
2. ‘Promotion of Agricultural Mechanization for In-Situ Management of Crop Residue in the State of Punjab, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh & NCT of Delhi’ :
- This scheme is launched by M/o Agriculture & Farmers Welfare to reduce stubble burning.
- This scheme is mainly to promote mechanisation of agricultural practices and subsequently to reduce stubble burning by aiding better residue management practices through mechanisation.
- There is a reduction of approximately 12.01% till this month in Stubble burning as compared to last year of 2018.
3. India is exploring opportunities of trade agreements with USA & E U :
- In view of withdrawal from RCEP negotiation citing various concerns of the farmers, dairy sector, MSMEs and domestic manufacturing industries.
- Union Minister Mr. Piyush Goyal said that we are in the process of evaluating Free Trade Agreements (FTAs) with Japan, South Korea and ASEAN countries.
- The evaluation of FTA with South Korea,which was started 3 years back,is being evaluated on fast track.
- India has already got an agreement from ASEAN for a review of the FTA and a Joint Working Group (JWG) is already evaluating FTA with Japan.
4. Building ‘Brand India’ for services sector:
- To promote the services industry ,Ministry of Commerce & Industry Piyush Goyal launches curtain raiser of GES 2019.
- GES 2019 will be held in Bengaluru from 26th – 28th November 2019 this year which was inaugurated in New Delhi in early this month.
- Services sector expected to contribute USD 3 trillion to Indian Economy .
- India has already set an ambitious target of USD 5 trillion economy by 2024.
- India will develop & promote 12 champion services sectors.
- Uttar Pradesh will be a partner State in GES 2019.
- Esports is also one the major focus of GES 2019. It is an organized video game competition mainly between professionals.
5. Rising Himachal 2019: Global Investors meet in Dharamshala- Himachal Pradesh :
- Himachal Pradesh is organizing Global Investors' Meet 2019. It is a flagship business event,at Dharamshala on November 7 -8, 2019.
- Global investors meet will showcase Himachal Pradesh’s potential for investment.
- It is to promote policy and regulatory environment, investment opportunities in eight focus sectors which will boost manufacturing and subsequently employment generation in Himachal Pradesh.
- Eight focus sectors are mainly agri-business and post-harvest technology, manufacturing and pharmaceuticals, tourism and hospitality, civil aviation, hydro and renewable energy, wellness, healthcare and AYUSH, housing and urban development, IT-ITeS and electronics, education and skill development especially for Himachal Pradesh.
6. DRDO’s Igniter Complex at High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL), Pune
- Raksha Rajya Mantri Shri Shripad Naik inaugurated Igniter Complex at High Energy Materials Research Laboratory (HEMRL) in Pune .
- It is an esteemed laboratory of DRDO and mainly engages in developing Rocket and Gun Propellants, Pyrotechnic Devices, High Explosive Systems and synthesis of high energy molecules.
- HEMRL has also developed various varieties of fuel /oxidizer based igniter containing organic binders.
- Ignition system for Agni, Prithvi, Akash, Nag, Pinaka, Long Range Surface-to-Air Missile (LRSAM) have been designed and developed by HEMRL -Pune.
7. World Travel Market (WTM) in London :
- It's a three day long event in London.
- WTM event theme for India Pavilion at WTM 2019 is ‘Incredible India – Find the Incredible India’
- On 150th Birth Anniversary of Mahatma Gandhi and Statue of Unity has also been places & displayed with major focus at the India Pavilion at WTM 2019 in London.
- Ministry of Tourism is currently participating in this three day long World Travel Market (WTM) from November 04-06, 2019 in London, UK.
8. Economic slowdown may lowers down India’s carbon burden :
- With the growing economic slowdown worldwide, Carbon dioxide emissions are set to grow at their slowest pace since 2001due to very less demand in industries, power , manufacturing industries.
- This time emissions are expected to grow less than 3% from last year.
- Due to very low demand & slowdown in economy coal & power demand expected to be at a slower pace.
9. China told that they are ready to address India’s concerns on RCEP:
- China is ready to negotiate the regional free trade arrangement on RCEP.
- China said that this negotiation will help both the countries & they are open to negotiate with respect to India concern.
10. US formally started pullout from Paris agreement on Climate change :
- Paris Agreement- 2015 global agreement on Climate change for countries to reduce emissions and reverse global warming.
- The US is already the second biggest CO2 emitter .
- The US president has announced to withdraw from this agreement in 2017. This process will take a year to withdraw from Paris agreement.
Source: The Hindu, The EconomicTimes, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau Website