Current Affairs of 10th Nov 2019
Pankaj Vishwakarma, Published On:10-Nov-2019
1. 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet in Brasilia -Brazil :
- Shri Piyush Goyal -Commerce, Industry and Railway Minister will be on tour to Brazil and the United States from 9th – 14th November 2019.
- He will attend the 9th BRICS Trade Ministers Meet in Brasilia, the capital of Brazil on 11th Nov 2019.
- Main focussed will be on opportunities for enhanced intra-BRICS trade and investment cooperation between BRICS nations.
- Some issues such as cooperation in e-commerce, investment facilitation, MSMEs, Intellectual Property Right will also be discussed during this meeting.
2. ‘MILAN 2020’ exercise concludes at Visakhapatnam :
- Mid Planning Conference (MPC) for MILAN exercise concluded at Visakhapatnam on 08 Nov 2019.
- 29 delegates from 17 friendly Foreign Navies attended this three day event.
- MILAN series is a biennial multilateral naval exercise which started in 1995.
- It was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command upto last year.
- This was conducted for the first time on the mainland at ENC-Eastern Naval Command at Visakhapatnam
3. Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991 -Its importance :
- This act applies to Ayodhya verdict which delivered on 9th November 2019.
- This act ‘Places of Worship (Special Provisions) Act, 1991’ plays an important role to prohibit the conversion of the status of any place of worship.
- It says that all religions are equal.
- As per recent Ayodhya judgement “The Constitution does not make a distinction between the faith and belief of one religion and another. All forms of belief, worship and prayer are equal, against forcible conversion of religious character of places of worship”.
4. Kartarpur Corridor opens up on 9th November 2019 :
- This corridor connects Darbar Sahib in Pakistan with Dera Baba Nanak in Gurdaspur-Punjab .
- It also facilitate visa-free movement.
- PM MOdi flagged off first 562 batch of pilgrims to Kartarpur Darbar Sahib in Pakistan.
- It is 4.7 km strtech commenced on 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak.
5. German marks the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall :
- Berlin Wall came up in Germany on August 13, 1961.
- This barbed wire and concrete structure divided the East from West Berlin.
- The demolition of the Berlin Wall led to the reunion of the Federal Republic of Germany and the German Democratic Republic.
- 9th November 2019 was the 30th anniversary of the fall of the Berlin Wall .
6. Uttarakhand celebrated its Foundation Day on 9th November :
- Uttarakhand as it is known today carved out of Uttar Pradesh on 9th of November 2000.
- It was formed under Uttar Pradesh Reorganisation Act ,2000.
- This was done under the BJP Government, after a long-drawn agitation.
- Trivendra Singh Rawat flagged off Cultural Procession in the state capital Dehradun.
7. RBI increases household income limits for borrowers of NBFCs and microfinance institutions (MFIs) :
- RBI increases household income limits for borrowers of NBFCs and microfinance institutions (MFIs) from 1 lakh to 1.25 lakh rupees.
- This will strengthen credit to those at the bottom of the economic pyramid in rural areas.
- The limit is increased from 1.6 lakh for urban or semi-urban areas to 2 lakh rupees.
- This limit has been increased after taking into consideration the important role played by microfinance institutions in delivering credit to those at the bottom of the economic pyramid .
8. ABLF Global Asian Award to Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla :
- ABLF Global Asian Awarded to Shri Kumar Mangalam Birla ,Chairman of Aditya Birla Group.
- ABLF Global Asian Award is awarded to powerful individuals whose business footprint and commitment to excellence have engaged international interest and attention.
- The Asia Business Leadership Forum (ABLF) is backed by the UAE government and currently runs in three forms- talks, awards, and publications.
9. International Day of Radiology :
- Organised by the ‘International Society of Radiographers and Radiological Technologists (ISRRT)’.
- Theme - Sports Imaging .
- It is celebrated since 2007 on 8th November every year.
- The European Society of Radiology (ESR) in 2011 resolved that there should be a celebration regarding radiology annually to mark the discovery of X-Radiation done by Roentgen on 8 November 1895.
10. Legal Services Day- 9th November :
- ‘Legal Services Day’ first started by the Supreme Court in the year 1995 .
- Aim is to offer help and support to the weaker and poor group of sections of people.
- Legal literacy camps and functions are organized in many places in Delhi.
- The purpose of celebrating Legal Services Day is to offer them free of charge, proficient, and legal services to the people of weaker sections of society.
Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, Press Information website