1. ‘Defence innovations conference’ highlighting accomplishments of iDEX :
- Ministry of Defence (MoD) is organising ‘Def-Connect’ on 11th November to highlight the accomplishments of the Innovations for Defence Excellence (iDEX).
- This is an initiative to construct a strong outreach towards the potential future entrepreneurs of the defence sector.
- Defense Minister Shri Rajnath Singh will be the Chief Guest of the event.
- This event will bring together all stakeholders of the iDEX ecosystem.
- The defence ecosystem in the country and recognise the infinite potential of the MSMEs/startups for future growth of the defence sector in the country.
- This event would lead to better interaction & bridging the gap between the stakeholders and will be a precursor for Startup showcase during the forthcoming DefExpo 2020, to be held in Lucknow from February 5-8, 2020.
2. Indian Oil to set up new 2G Ethanol plant at Panipat :
- IOCL has got Environmental Clearance for its 100 KLPD Ligno-Cellulosic 2G Ethanol Plant in Baholi, Panipat (Haryana).
- Ethanol is one of the thrust areas to reduce import dependency and increase farmers’ income.
- Ethanol will be used for blending in fuel used for transportation.
- Recently the Central Government had declared that no separate environmental clearance is required to produce additional ethanol from B-heavy molasses as it does not contribute to the pollution load, giving further benefits to farmers and the sugar industry.
3. Abu Dhabi International Petroleum Exhibition & Conference (ADIPEC) on 11th November 2019 :
- ADIPEC will take place from 10 to 14 November 2019, at the Abu Dhabi National Exhibition Centre (ADNEC).
- India was invited by the UAE Minister of State and CEO, ADNOC Dr. Sultan Ahmad Al Jaber.
- Minister of Petroleum & Natural Gas and Steel Shri Dharmendra Pradhan, accompanied by an official and business delegation will attend the conference.
4. ‘National Entrepreneurship Awards 2019’ to honour Enterprises and Ecosystem builders of the nation :
- Minister of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship Dr Mahendra Nath Pandey conferred the National Entrepreneurship Awards 2019 to Enterprises and Ecosystem builders.
- This was the fourth edition of the award ceremony organized on 10th November to mark the completion of 5 years of setting up of the Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship in 2014.
- This Award will recognize and honour the outstanding young First-Generation Entrepreneurs, and Ecosystem builders for their outstanding contribution in entrepreneurship development and providing support to the entrepreneurs
5. Parishad Samman 2019-20 :
- Parishad Samman 2019-20 award will be organised by Sahitya Kala Parishad -Delhi.
- This award is for sustained & significant contribution in the field of music, dance, theatre, fine arts, folk arts.
- Each award will carry Rs. 1 lakh , momento, a shawl.
- Currently entries are invited & award will be held next year.
6. Wild elephants to tag with radio collars by Uttarakhand Govt :
- Uttarakhand Govt is tying with Wildlife Institute Of India to tranquilise 6-8 elephants to GPS enabled radio collars around their necks.
- Due to rising number of elephants straying into human habitats leading to crops being damaged.
- The main objective is to monitor their movements in real-time and set up an “early warning system” for residents in about 30 villages near Rajaji National Park, and Shyampur and Rasiyabad forest areas.
7. ‘Sports Code’ or ‘National Code for Good Governance in Sports (NCGGS) 2017 ‘:
- Sports Code consist of the basic principles of good governance, ethics and fair play of the Olympic and Sports movement.
- The sports code, which outlines the criteria for accountability and transparency in federations, was first formed in 2011.
- Indian Olympic Association has recently opposed the proposal to restrict the age limit of office-bearers in National Sports Federations (NSFs) to 70 years and ‘strongly objected’ to the exclusion of state Olympic Associations from the IOA.
8. 10 Hafte,10 Baje, 10 Minute campaign against Dengue by Delhi Government :
- This campaign required people to look for stagnant water in and around their homes for ten minutes at 10 a.m. every Sunday for ten weeks and dispose these water to prevent breeding of mosquito in & around their homes & society.
- Campaign introduced by Delhi Government is success as fewer than 1,100 cases and no deaths were reported until last week.
- In 2015, more than 15,000 cases and 60 deaths were reported.
9. Sample Registration Survey (SRS - Maternal deaths on the decline:
- A report by the Sample Registration Survey (SRS) from 2015 to 2017 shows 68% of deaths were among women in the age group of 20- 29.
- This survey from 2015 to 2017 also reveals highest casualties in the age group of 20- 29 .
- Maternal death is the death of a woman while pregnant or within 42 days of termination of pregnancy from any cause related to pregnancy & not from accidental or any other reason.
10. Demise of former CEC TN Seshan :
- PM Modi has condoled the demise of former Chief Election Commissioner Tirunellai Narayanaiyer Seshan.
- Mr. Seshan was the only one to hold the post of CEC for six years from 1990 to 1996 in the last 50 years.
- His major efforts towards electoral reforms have made our democracy stronger and more participative.
- Born on December 15, 1932 in Palakkad, Kerala, Mr. Seshan belonged to the 1955 batch of Tamil Nadu cadre officers of the IAS.
Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, Press Information Bureau Website