Current Affairs of 13th November 2019
Pankaj Vishwakarma, Updated On:13-Nov-2019
1. ‘Brown to Green Report 2019’ : India is the only country among G20 nations that is close to the target of 1.5 deg cel temperature rise :
- As per ‘Brown to Green Report 2019’ released by the Climate Transparency, India is the only country among the G20 nations who is close to achieve the target of 1.5 deg cel as per Paris Agreement of 2015 on climate change.
- Extreme climatic events led to approx 16,000 deaths and financial losses of approx USD 142 billion every year in G20 countries from 1998-2017.
- India reporting to have the highest number of deaths i.e. 3441 per year & comes under top five in terms of economic losses.
- G20 countries are alone responsible for world’s 80% GHG emissions.
- India has most ambitious ‘Nationally Determined Contribution’ target of reducing 1.5 deg cel compared to it fare share of global emissions.
2. Redevelopment project of 3 km long Central Vista & Parliament :
- A common central secretariat will be constructed for all ministries which is currently spread across over Delhi.
- CPWD selected M/s HCP Design as the consultant .
- The design from HCP will be consulted with public before finalisation.
- New buildings will be energy efficient with modern workspaces having a lifespan of 150-200 years.
- New buildings will be ready by March 2022 at 75th year of India’ independence.
- Planned by Lutyens, Parliament house, North & South blocks were built by British in 1911 to 1931 which will not be demolished but their uses will change.
- After independence, Govt Of India constructed office buildings such as Krishi Bhavan, Nirman Bhavan & Shastri Bhavan.
3. Article 142 :
- Article 142 says “Supreme Court in the exercise of its jurisdiction may pass such decree or make such orders as is necessary for doing complete justice in any cause or matter pending before it.”
- Article 142 has vast powers for Supreme Court & done tremendous good to deprived section of society & outside the laws governing issues.
- Article 142 invoked in recent Ayodhya Verdict in view of the long pendency of case for 25 years .
- Supreme Court invoked article 142 saying that a wrong committed must be remedied.
- Article 142 was earlier used in :
- ‘Bhopal Gas Tragedy 1989’ to provide relief to thousands of people as ‘Union Carbide judgement.
- In 2014 ,to cancel allocation of coal blocks which was awarded in 1993 onwards.
- Restoring whiteness of Taj Mahal by banning polluted industries in that area.
- In 2013, Indian Premier League spot fixing scandal by appointing Mudgal Committee.
4. President Rule imposed in Maharashtra under Article 356:
5. ‘Tiger Triumph’ India-U.S. Disaster Relief Exercise : 6. 6th World Congress on Rural and Agricultural Finance : 7. National Seminar organised on ‘Social Audit of Rural Development Programmes’ : 8. Barkotoki Literary Award 2019 : 9. First elephant memorial in Mathura : 10. Public Service Broadcasting Day- 12th November : Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, The Times of India, Press Information Bureau .
5. ‘Tiger Triumph’ India-U.S. Disaster Relief Exercise :
6. 6th World Congress on Rural and Agricultural Finance :
7. National Seminar organised on ‘Social Audit of Rural Development Programmes’ :
8. Barkotoki Literary Award 2019 :
9. First elephant memorial in Mathura :
10. Public Service Broadcasting Day- 12th November :
Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, The Times of India, Press Information Bureau .