Current Affairs of 19th November 2019
Pankaj Vishwakarma, Published On:19-Nov-2019
1. Public Safety Act (PSA) :
- Opposition leaders raised the issue of MPs not allowed to visit Jammu and Kashmir after the abrogation of its special status under Article 370.
- Dr. Farooq Abdullah is in detention under the Public Safety Act (PSA) from 106 days.
- Public Safety Act allows preventive detention in view of the possible conflict or possible violation of law is expected to be committed by someone if he is not detained.
2. Haryana Government to amend State Panchayat Act :
- Haryana Cabinet given in principle approval to bring an amendment in Section 31 of the Haryana Panchayati Raj Act, 1994.
- This amended act allows devolution of powers to the Gram Sabha to ban liquor within the local area of a Gram Panchayat.
- Gram Sabha at any time, during the period from the 1st day of April and ending with the 31st day of December of any year pass a resolution banning the opening of a liquor vendor in its region from April 1 of the next year.
- Quorum to pass this order should be one-tenth of its members.
3. National Integration Day on 19th November 2019 :
- National Integration Day is celebrated on 19th November on the occasion of Former & 1st woman Prime Minister of India, Mrs. Indira Gandhi's birthday .
- Indira Gandhi was born in Allahabad on 19th November 1917.
- This day is also called as Qaumi Ekta Diwas.
4. ISRO ready to launch Cartosat-3 :
- Cartosat 3 is an advanced earth imaging and mapping satellite which will be take off on November 25th through PSLVC47 vehicle.
- Cartosat 3 weighs 1,560 kg will have 13 small U.S. customer satellites riding as secondary passengers & will be placed in a polar orbit.
- Cartosat3 is having one of the best resolutions of 25 cm which is one of the best resolution capacity.
- Cartosat 3 satellite will be able to pick up objects of that size (25 cm) from its orbital perch about 509 km away.
5. Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde as the 47th Chief Justice of India :
- Justice Sharad Arvind Bobde has taken oath as the 47th Chief Justice of India on 18th November 2019.
- President RamNath Kovind has given him oath.
- He succeeded Justice Ranjan Gogoi, the 46th CJI of India who retires on 17th November 2019.
6. Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) Plenary 2019 :
- Plenary meeting of the Kimberley Process Certification Scheme (KPCS) is hosted by India from 18th to 22nd November, 2019 in New Delhi.
- India is a founding member of KP & has been actively involved in the development of KP.
- KPCS is as an important protocol in trade of diamonds which ensures that 99.8% of the diamonds in the world are conflict free.
- India presently exports around USD 24 billion cut and polished diamonds.
- KPCS is important to India as one million people are directly employed by the diamond industry.
- India will hand over the KP Chair to the Russian Federation.
7. ‘National Mission on Cultural Mapping’ (NMCM):
- ‘National Mission on Cultural Mapping’ will compile data of artists, art forms & geo location with feedback from Central Ministries, State Governments & art/culture bodies.
- (NMCM) has been set up by the Ministry of Culture in 2017.
- Details and salient features of the National Mission on Cultural Mapping are available in the Mission document on Ministry of Culture’s website.
8. Joint Exercise (The Roar of the Sea) :
- Joint Exercise (The Roar of the Sea) between the Qatari Emiri Navy and the Indian Navy Forces is held from 17th to 21st Nov 19.
- This is the inaugural edition of the Bilateral Maritime Exercise Za’ir-Al-Bahr (Roar of the Sea)
- This exercise would strengthen cooperation and enhance interoperability between the two navies.
- This exerce helps especially in the fight against terrorism, maritime piracy and maritime security.
9. NITI Aayog Report on ‘Building a 21st Century Health System for India’ :
- NITI Aayog issued a report on ‘Health Systems for a New India: Building Blocks—Potential Pathways to Reforms’.
- Report is released by NITI Aayog Vice Chairman Dr Rajiv Kumar in the presence of Bill Gates of Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
- This report identified 5 focus areas of future health system,
- deliverance on unfinished Public health matter, changing the health financing, Efficient service delivery vertically and horizontally, empowering citizens to become better gainers of health & harnessing the power of digital health.
10. WCD Ministry launches Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh :
- Ministry of Women and Child Development (WCD) and Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani, along with Bill Gates launched the Bharatiya Poshan Krishi Kosh (BPKK) in New Delhi.
- BPKK will be a repository of diverse crops across 128 agro-climatic zones in India for better nutritional outcomes.
Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, The Economic Times, Press Information Bureau Website