1. National Register of Citizens (NRC) to be done all over India :
- Union Home Minister Shri Amit Shah said in Rajya Sabha statement that Union Government is planning to bring National Register of Citizens (NRC) to all over India.
- NRC is a process in which a national register is maintained consisting list of all Indian Citizens irrespective of their caste, creed or religion .
- He also informed whenever this exercise will be conducted , NRC for Assam will be conducted again together with this exercise.
- After court directive, NRC was conducted recently in Assam excluding many people migrants from Bangladesh.
2. World Fisheries Day :
- World Fisheries Day is celebrated on the 21st of November.
- Fisheries is promoted to promote blue economy.
- These are an important source of income & marine life resources.
3. NGT ordered to install 800 AQI monitoring station & 1250 manual stations across India within one year :
- NGT headed by Chairperson Justice Adarsh Goel directed all the state pollution control boards to install 800 Continuous Ambient Air Quality Monitoring Stations (CAAQMS) & 1250 manual stations to control pollution apart from the existing ones.
- He also directed all state pollution boards to give report of the work’s progress to the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) quarterly..
- All these stations to be connected with CPCB servers for real time monitoring.
- All the 12 parameters of AQI should be mentioned by CAAQMS.
- He also instructed the Environment ministry to see if some part of Compensatory Afforestation Fund Management Planning authority ( CAMPA) can be utilised for special afforestation drive in 112 non-attainment cities.
4. Gandhi Villages in Rajasthan :
- Rajasthan Government is going to set role model by establishing Gandhi village in each district of Rajasthan.
- These Gandhi Village will be a role model in terms of development & to show gratitude to Gandhiji.
- A new Department of Peace & Non-violence to be established by Rajasthan Govt for this purpose.
- This department will act as a nodal agency for Gandhian thought.
5. Union cabinet has approved Industrial Relations Code Bill 2019 :
- Union cabinet led by PM Modi has cleared Industrial Relations Code Bill 2019.
- This bIll will bring together & simplify three laws covering industrial employment, trade unions & disputes.
- This bill also proposes fixed term employment instead of contract employment.
- Fixed term employees will be treated at par with the regular employees in terms of benefits.
- Two member panels to be set up for resolving industrial disputes.
6. PETA’s Indian Person of The Year :
- Virat Kohli has been named as People for The Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA)’s India’s person of the year 2019.
- He is selected for the advocacy of animal rights.
- He has also sent a letter to release Malti , an elephant used at Amer Fort -Jaipur for rides.
7. Patent Prosecution Highway programme :
- Patent Prosecution Highway Programme (PPHP) proposed by Indian Patent Office (IPO) is approved by the Union cabinet.
- This programme will initially commence between Indian Patent Office & Japan Patent Office (JPO) on a pilot basis for three years.
- Under this programme, Indian Patent Office may receive patent application in specified technical fields only namely, Electrical, Electronics, Computer Science, Information Technology, Physics, Civil, Mechanical, Textiles, Automobiles and Metallurgy while JPO may receive applications in all fields of technology.
- This will reduce the time taken for patent approval & process for Indian products & Industries.
8. National Institute of Sowa Rigpa :
- Union cabinet has approved establishment of National Institute of Sowa Rigpa at Leh.
- This will be an autonomous organisation under the Ministry of Ayush.
- Sowa-Rigpa is a traditional system of medicine practices in Himalayan belt & states like Jammu, Ladakh, Himachal, Arunachal Pradesh, Sikkim & now prevailing all over India.
9. INSAT-3D & 3DR satellite to assess pollution status :
- Imager payload on-board ISRO’s INSAT-3D & 3DR satellites is utilised for monitoring Aerosol Optical Depth (AOD), which is an indicator of particles and smoke from biomass burning which affects visibility and increase of PM2.5 and PM10 concentration in the atmosphere.
- AOD, PM2.5 and PM10 concentrations are highest over Indo-Gangetic Plain covering parts of Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Bihar during October and November.
- These higher concentration is seen originating from parts of Punjab and Haryana during stubble burning.
- ISRO is monitoring stubble burning since 2015.
10. Industrial Corridors :
- Govt Of India has approved the following five industrial corridors:
- These Industrial corridors will be implemented by National Industrial Corridor Development & Implementation trust (NICDIT) :
- Delhi Mumbai Industrial Corridor (DMIC) - UP, Rajasthan, Haryaana, Gujrat, Madhya Pradesh, Maharashtra
- Amritsar Kolkata Industrial Corridor (AKIC) - Punjab, Haryana, UP, Jharkhand, West Bengal, Uttarakhand, Bihar
- Chennai Bengaluru Industrial Corridor (CBIC) - Andhra Pradesh, Kerala, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu
- East Coast Economic Corridor (ECEC) - West Bengal, Odisha, Andhra Pradesh, Tamil; Nadu
- Bengaluru Mumbai Industrial Corridor (BMIC) - Karnataka, Maharashtra
Sources : The Hindu, The Indian Express, Press Information Website