Current Affairs of 10th January 2020
Jithin lal , Published On:10-Jan-2020
1.The Andhra Pradesh Government signed a Memorandum of Understanding with a German firm to implement Zero Budget Natural Farming in the state.
- The state Government will take a loan of Rs 1015 crores to spend towards climate resilient Zero Budget Natural Farming.
- The project aims to cover 2.39 lakh farmers in 600 villages.
- The project was included in the Budget presentation of 2019.
- Along with ZBNF implementation, the Government will also implement Pradhan Mantri Fasal Bima Yojana.
2.Ministry of New and Renewable Energy released its year end review.According to the report, over 150 GW of renewable energy has been installed so far in India.
- Under KUSUM initiative, around 17 lakh solar powered agricultural pumps were installed.
- Phase II of Grid Connected Rooftop Solar Programme was launched.
- Under the programme, 40,000 MW of Rooftop solar power target was set.
- Under the Wind-Solar hybrid policy, 1440 MW of capacity was installed.
3.The Indian Railways has enhanced security in major railway hubs by installing IP based video surveillance system.
- The surveillance has been installed in parking areas, entrance and exit platforms, waiting hall and over bridges.
- The surveillance system is to be installed in 983 stations at a budget of Rs 250 crores.
- The budget is being allocated from Nirbhaya funds.
- The surveillance is to be extended to other stations and coaches soon.
- The project implementation is to begin with south Western Railways.
4.On January 10, 2020, Indian Navy will be hosting military drill called ‘Milan 2020’ at Visakhapatnam,The City of Destiny. MILAN stands for ‘Multilateral Naval Exercise’.
- The Event will witness the participation of several countries.
- The theme of the exercise is Synergy Across the Seas.
- The MILAN series of biennial exercises started in 1995.
- Till last year it was conducted at Andaman and Nicobar Command , for the first time on mainland at Eastern Naval Command(ENC).
5.Indian Railways announced that it will source 1000 MW of solar power and 200 MW of wind power to zonal railways by 2021-22.
- Also, Kashmir is also to be linked with the rest of India through railway network by December 2021.
- In order to implement the solar and wind power in Indian Railways, Govt of India has planned to install 500 MW of solar plants on the rooftop of Railway buildings to meet non-traction loads.
- The South-Central Railways is the first to actively work on solar based projects.
- In this Zone, so far 8 stations have been provided with solar panels to meet the power requirements of the station.
Q.1 Which 2 Countries participated in the naval exercise named ‘Naseem-Al-Bahr’, that held in Goa recently ?
ANS : India and Oman
Q.2 What was the theme of the 107th edition of the Indian Science Congress (ISC) for the year 2020 ?
ANS : Theme – “Science and Technology: Rural Development”
Q.3 Name the Indian city that host the 5th edition of Asia Pacific drosophila research conference (APDRC) for the first time in India.
ANS : Pune, Maharashtra
Q.4 Which university will be conferred with the status of Institution of National Importance to a cluster of Ayurvedic institutions ?
ANS : Gujarat Ayurveda University campus, Jamnagar
Q.5 Name the foundation, that has signed a Memorandum of Cooperation(MoC) with Department of Health & Family Welfare (DOHFW) for cooperation in the field of health .
ANS : Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Q.6 What is the total length of the North East Gas Grid project of Indradhanush Gas Grid Limited (IGGL) that was approved by cabinet with viability Gap Funding ?
ANS : 1656 Kilometers
Q.7 By which year, the target of producing coal is set to one billion tonnes by the government of India ?
ANS : 2023-24
Q.8 Name the country that has signed Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with the Ministry of Railways of Indian government for Enabling Energy Self-Sufficiency for Indian Railways .
ANS : United Kingdom
Q.9 Vikram Sarabhai Children Innovation Center is to be set up in which of the following Indian State ?
ANS : Gujarat
Q.10 Who chaired the High Level Committee (HLC) that sanctioned Rs 5908 crore to 7 states from National Disaster Response Fund (NDRF)?
ANS: Amit Shah
- First lady magistrate
- Omana Kunjamma
- First woman doctor
- Muthulakshmi Reddy
- First to climb Mt Everest without oxygen
- Phu Dorjee
- In which year India became the largest producer of sugar (85 lakh tonnes)
- Which is the world's largest tea producer company
- Brooke Bond Lipton
- Largest producer of cardamom
- First hospital on wheels in the world
- Jeevan Rekha express
- World's highest post office
- Spiti valley in HP (15,000 ft)
- Accurate and fastest typing
- Dr Rajinder singh
- World record of marathon typing
- Shambhoo Anbhawane (123 hrs in 1986)
- First woman air pilot holding the record of maximum flying hours
- Capt Durba Banerjee
- Largest cinema hall in India
- Thangam (madurai)
- Tallest lightHouse in India
- Prongs Reef , Mumbai
- State with highest mineral output
- First rice straw power plant
- in Jhalkari in 1992
- Central leather research institute
- Central glass and ceramic research institute
- Indian grassland and forest research institute
- First submariner to be awarded Maha Vir Chakra
- Cdr MN Sawant
- Inventor of electronic mail
- Ray Tomlinson , 1972
- Inventor of safety pin
- Walter Hunt , 1849
Source: The Hindu, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, Press Information Bureau website