This a division of engineering which utilizes the knowledge and concept of chemical engineering to make easy designing, developing and manufacturing pieces from polymers. Polymer engineers utilize the principles of thermodynamics, process design, plant design and transport phenomena to increase new products. Polymer engineers also manage the production process of plastics and other polymers. Under their management, plastic molders and technicians to carry out the manufacturing processes. Polymer engineering is emerging as one of the most important fields of engineering with varied applications in low weight–high strength designs, aerospace applications and in general replacing metals with same strength with lesser density.
1. Anna University Of Technology, Tirunelveli
2. Anna University, Chennai
3. B.S Abdur Rahman Crescent Engineering College, Chennai
4. B.S Abdur Rahman University, Chennai
5. Birla Institute of Technology, Mesra ,Ranchi
6. College of Engineering and Technology, Akola
7. College of Engineering,Guindy
8. Delhi Technological University( DTU), Delhi
9. Hindustan College of Engineering (HCE), Kodambakkam
10. Kamraj College of Engineering, Virudhunagar
Polymer engineer's salary mostly depends upon their skill, knoeledge and experience. For freshers in polymer engineering, their initial salary ranges from Rs. 10,000 - 15,000 per month.Senior professionals who are holding higher positions such as engineers/scientists with someyears of working experience can get salary around Rs. 30,000 to Rs. 80,000 per month.