Current Affairs of 13 April 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:13-Apr-2018
1. 1. CPI inflation is lowest in five months
· The Consumer Price Index (CPI) inflation is 4.28% in March 2018 which is lowest in last five months.
· The CPI (Rural/Urban/Combined) is released by Central Statistics Office (CSO) while CPI (Industrial Worker) and CPI (Agricultural labourer/Rural Labourer) are released by Labour Bureau.
· The base year for CPI is 2012.
2. 2. Bank Board Bureau chairman is B.P.Sharma
· The Central Government has reconstituted the Bank Board Bureau (BBB) and Mr. Bhanu Pratap Sharma has become the new BBB chairman after replacing Vinod Rai.
· The bureau has other new members as Vedika Bhandarkar, P. Pradeep Kumar and Pradip Shah.
· The bureau recommends reforms agenda for the human resource in banking sector.
3. All about IRNSS-1I
· The 1425 kg navigation satellite IRNSS-1I became the eighth satellite to join the NavIc constellation of Indian Regional Navigation Satellites System (IRNSS).
· The NavIc constellation has been designed to provide precise information on position, navigation and time related to people or object.
· The seventh (IRNSS-1H) and eighth satellite (IRNSS-1I) are fitted with corrected atomic clocks.
4. CWG 2018 updates
· Till now India has won 41 medals (17 Gold, 11 Silver and 13 Bronze).
· In wrestling, Rahul Aware (Men’s freestyle 57 kg) and Sushil Kumar (Men’s freestyle 74 kg) have won gold medals, Babita Kumari (Women’s freestyle 53 kg), Pooja Dhanda (Women’s freestyle 57 kg) and Mausam Khatri (Men’s freestyle 97 kg) have silver medals and Kiran Bishnoi (Women’s freestyle 76 kg) and Divya Kakaran (Women’s freestyle 68 kg) have won bronze medals in Commonwealth Games 2018.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express