Current Affairs of 17 April 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:17-Apr-2018
1. What is FAME Scheme?
• The Faster Adoption and Manufacturing of Electric (Hybrid) Vehicles (FAME) in India is a scheme under National Electric Mobility Mission Plan (NEMMP).
• The aim of the scheme is to promote eco-friendly vehicle segments, including two-wheelers, three wheelers auto, light commercial vehicles and buses.
• The government has extended this scheme by six months until 30 September 2018 and planning to start a new phase for the same scheme.
2. East Godavari will have complete LED Street light
• East Godavari district of Andhra Pradesh will be first district of country to become the “LED Street light district”.
• With the installation of approx 3.1 lakh LED Street lights in rural areas the work has been completed.
• The project has been completed in five months by the Energy Efficiency Services Ltd. (EESL).
3. WPI inflation is only 2.47% in March
• Due to cheaper rate of food articles especially pulses and vegetables the Wholesale Price Index (WPI) eased marginally to 2.47% than February (2.48%).
• The WPI in India is calculated by Office of Economic Advisor under Depart of Industrial Policy and Promotion under Ministry of Commerce and Industry.
• Retail Inflation was also five month low at 4.28% in March.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB