Current Affairs of 18 April 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:18-Apr-2018
1. What is Commonwealth Innovation Index?
• There will be a new commonwealth index as a part of a new Commonwealth Innovation Hub on the sideline of Commonwealth Head of Government Meeting (CHOGM) which is going on in London.
• The index is designed in the partnership with United Nation World Intellectual Property Organisation (WIPO) and WIPO’s annual Global Innovation Index (GII).
• In this innovation index list India is at 10th position and the UK is at the top of the list.
2. Kotak Mahindra is India’s second most valuable bank
• The private sector bank Kotak Mahindra has become India’s second most valuable bank after Housing Development Finance Corporation (HDFC) bank.
• Kotak Mahindra has replaced State Bank of India from the second place.
• The bank has market capitalisation of Rs.222970.40 crore while HDFC has market capitalisation of Rs. 5.04 trillion.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB