Current Affairs of 28 April 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:28-Apr-2018
1. CSIR got National Intellectual property Award
• The Council for Scientific and Industrial Research (CSIR) has been conferred with the National Intellectual Property Award 2018 for being the best research and development organisation for patents and commercialisation.
• CSIR was established in 1942 and it runs 38 laboratories and 39 field stations throughout the country.
• It works as an autonomous body under Society Registration Act, 1860 and mainly funded by Ministry of Science and Technology.
2. What is Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0?
• Unnat Bharat Abhiyan is a flagship programme of Ministry of Human Resource Development (MoHRD), with the intention to enrich rural India.
• Under Unnat Bharat Abhiyan 2.0, educational institutions have been selected on a challenge mode and the scheme has been extended to 750 reputed higher educational institutes of the country.
• Under this scheme students from school and colleges will go to nearby villages to get acquainted with the life of the village people and problem faced by them into day to day life.
3. HARIMAU SHAKTI: Indo-Malaysia exercise
• HARIMARU SHAKTI is joint training exercise between India and Malaysia which will be conducted from 30April to 13 May.
• It is aimed to cement the cooperation between armed forces of both the countries and to conduct counter insurgency operation in Jungle terrain.
• The exercise will be conducted in the dense forest of the Sengai Perdik, Hulu Langat, Malaysia.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB