Current Affairs of 21 May 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:21-May-2018
1. Permanent Resident Status Scheme
· The Permanent resident Status (PRS) provides facilities who invest at least 10 crore under the Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) route in 18 months or 25 crore in 36 months.
· The schme aims to boost production under Make In India scheme and was started in 2016.
· PRS card holders are eligible to buy residential property in India.
· PRs will be given for 10 years initially and can be renewed for another 10 years.
2. World’s first floating nuclear station in Russia
· To meet the growing energy needs Russia has installed world’s first floating nuclear power station.
· The power station is on a ship and there are two reactors of 35 megawatts that can produce enough electricity to power a town of 200,000 residents.
· Russia is seeking oil in north of Arctic and needs electricity in far flung locations.
3. What is ‘Green Good Deeds’?
· Green Good Deeds aims to protect the environment and promote good living in the country.
· It got global recognition and was put forward by Indian Environment Minister Dr. Harshvardhan.
· BRICS Ministerial meeting in South Africa has agreed to include Green Good Deeds in its official agenda in next ministerial meeting in Brazil.
4. Recent Updates
· Rajinder Singh became the President of Hockey India.
· South Asia Wildlife Enforcement Network (SAWEN) 2018 meeting held in India.
· Anil Kumar Jha has been appointed as the Chairman-Cum-Managing Director (CMD) of Coal India Limited (CIL).
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB