Current Affairs of 9 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:09-Jun-2018
1. India at 137th rank in Global Peace Index
· Global Peace Index is released by Institute for Economics and Peace (IEP) an Austria based institute.
· India has moved four places upward from 141 in last year to 137 in this year.
· Iceland is the most peaceful nation followed by New Zealand, Austria, Portugal and Denmark.
2. World Ocean Day: 08 June
· Theme of World Ocean day 2018 was “Preventing Plastic Pollution and encouraging solutions for a healthy ocean”.
· The day is observed on 8th June every year by all the UN members.
· The day was recognized by United Nation in 2008.
3. Tripura State Fruit: Queen Pineapple
· President Ram Nath Kovind announced Queen Pineapple as state fruit of Tripura.
· Exports of pineapple from Tripura has linked it with world trade.
· Prior to Tripura Kerala announced Jackfruit as its state fruit.
4. India signed a MoU with Norway
· Norwegian Ministry of Foreign Affairs has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Ministry of Health and Family Welfare of India to extend the cooperation within health sector.
· This initiative is a part of National Health Policy 2017 of Government of India.
· The collaboration of two countries will focus on global health issues of common interest.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB