Current Affairs of 12 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:12-Jun-2018
1. APY pension limit can be Rs.10,000/month
· The government will increase the pension limit under Atal Pension Yojna (APY) from Rs. 5000 to Rs. 10,000 per month.
· The chairman of Pension Fund Regulatory and Development Authority (PFRDA) Hemant Contractor has confirmed about the proposal sent to Finance Ministry.
· Currently any person of the age group of 18-40 can subscribe the scheme but a proposal to increase the same by 10 year (18-50) has been also sent.
2. Maternity Scheme benefitted 23.6 lakh
· Pradhan Mantri Matru Vanadana Yojna (PMMVY) has benefitted nearly 23.6 lakh beneficiaries out of an estimated 51.6 lakh beneficiary.
· The scheme was launched in May 2017 after the approval of Cabinet Committee.
· Under this scheme, every pregnant women and lactating mother get incentive of Rs. 6000 on the birth of their first child.
3. BIMSTEC War Games
· First military exercise of BIMSTEC (Bay of Bengal Initiative for Multi-Sector Technical and Economic Cooperation) will be hosted by India with a focus on anti-terrorism.
· The exercise will be held in Pune.
· Aim of this military exercise is to promote strategic alignment among the member states and sharing of best practices in the area of counter-terrorism.
4. Smart India Hackathon 2018
· The Grand Finale of Smart India Hackathon 2018 (Hardware edition) will be from June 18 to 22.
· It will be organized by Ministry of HRD along with AICTE, Persistent Systems, i4C and IIT Kharagpur.
· It is in the line with ‘Make in India’ initiative.
· The hardware edition will provide a platform to young technical minds of India and it is first of its kind.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB