Current Affairs of 15 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:15-Jun-2018
1. World Blood Donor Day : 14 June
· 14th June is celebrated as World Donor Day every year.
· The day was established in 2004 to raise awareness of the need for safe blood and blood products.
· The host country of this day this year was Greece.
2. Nikkei Asia Prize to Dr. Bindeshawar Pathak
· Sulabh International founder Dr. Bindeshwar Pathak is honoured with "Nikkei Asia Prize for culture and community".
· Nikkei Asia prize is an award which recognizes such achievements which has improved the life standard in Asia.
· The prize is conferred for one the three areas: Science, Technology and Innovation; regional growth; and culture and community.
3. Dam Safety Bill, 2018
· The aim to form such bill is to help all States and Union Territories to adopt uniform dam safety procedures.
· The bill will address all the issues concerning dam safety including surveillance, inspection, operation and maintenance of all specified dam of the country.
· There will be establishment of National Dam Safety Authority (NDSA) which will coordinate with State Dam Safety Organization and owners of the dam.
· There are approx 5200 large and 450 small dams are under construction.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB