Current Affairs of 19 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:19-Jun-2018
1. Ivan Duque is new President of Colombia
· After a long and divisive campaign which was often centered on a controversial peace process with leftist rebels of the Revolutionary Armed Forces of Colombia (FARC), Colombia elected Ivan Du
· He will be youngest President till date as he will sworn-in for the highest post of the country at 42 years of age.
· The South American Country’s capital is in Bogota and the currency of Colombia is Colombian Peso.
2. Roger Federer: Mercedes Cup winner
· Milos Raonic of Canada was defeated by Roger Federer in Mercedes Cup 2018.
· The 20 Grand Slam winner Federer will now play Halle Open.
· He became number 1 in the world tennis ranking by defeating Nick Kyrgios in the semi-final.
3. North East Small Finance Bank
· The first small finance bank of north-east India named as North East small Finance Bank (NESFB) has recently started its service.
· The Rashtriya Gramin Vikas Nidhi (North East) got nod of RBI in March 2017 for small finance bank.
· The bank was launched by Finance minister of Assam Hemant Bishwa Sharma and Ratan Tata.