Current Affairs of 21 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:21-Jun-2018
1. International Yoga Day: 21 June
· The theme of fourth edition of International Yoga Day is “Yoga For Peace”.
· United Nations adopted International Yoga day on 21 June in 2015.
· This year Prime Minister Narendra Modi started the event of Yoga day celebration in Dehradun.
2. Bank for International Settlement (BIS)
· Established: 1930
· Place: Basel, Switzerland
· Members: 60 Central Banks including RBI
· Representative Office: Hong-Kong, Mexico City
· This bank fosters international monetary and financial cooperation and serves as a bank for central banks.
· The two main goal of this bank- to regulate capital adequacy and make reserve requirements.
· This bank play major role to make monetary policy transparent.