Current Affairs of 24 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:24-Jun-2018
1. Arjit Basu is the new MD of SBI
· Arijit Basu has been selected by the appointment committee as the new Managing Director of State Bank of India (SBI).
· Mr. Basu is currently heading the corporate accounts group as the deputy MD.
· The managing director of SBI B Sriram will be MD and CEO of IDBI bank.
2. Third annual AIIB meeting in Mumbai
· PM Nartendra Modi will inaugurate the 3rd Annual Meeting-2018 in Mumbai.
· The theme of this meeting is “Mobilizing Finance for Infrastructure: Innovation and Collaboration”.
· The mmeting will be hosted by Department of Economic Affairs and Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) on June 25-26.
· AIIB is an infrastructure development bank with a mission to improve socio-economic standards and it is headquartered in Beijing, China.
3. Bharat-22 Exchange Traded Fund
· Union government had launched the follow-on fund offer of Exchange Traded Fund (ETF) Bharat-22 which is managed by ICICI Prudential Mutual Fund.
· In the second tranche of Bharat-22 ETF government earned Rs. 140 billion.
· In this transaction government gained 2.3 times of its projection which was Rs. 6000 crore.
4. Important Abbreviations
· BIS: Bureau of Indian Standards
· EMI: Equated Monthly Installments
· BARC: Bhaba Atomic Research Center
· DRT: Debt Recovery Tribunals
· FINO: Financial Inclusion Network Operation
· ASBA: Account Supported by Blocked Amount
· SWIFT: Society for Worldwide Interbank Financial Telecommunication
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB