Current Affairs of 27 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:27-Jun-2018
1. French Grand Prix 2018
· Lewis Hamilton has won the French Grand Prix 2018.
· He is a British racing driver who races Formula One for Mercedes AMG PETRONAS.
· He defeated Ferrari’s Sebastian Vettel by 14 points.
2. Bridge from Leh to Siachin
· A 35 meter bridge in Ladakh region of Jammu & Kashmir has been opened by Border Road Organization (BRO).
· It will ease the vehicular movement to the base camp of Siachin Glacier.
· Siachin Glacier is the highest battle field of the world.
· The name of the bridge is Chamesahn which is under a project called HIMANK.
· BRO develops roads along the borders of the Country and under BRO there is 32,885 km road network and 12,200m of bridge.
3. Bonalu Festival in Telangana
· Bonalu Festival of Telangana has been inaugurated by the Chief Minister of the State K. Chandrashekhar Rao.
· The State government is spending Rs. 15 crore to celebrate the festival.
· Bonalu is an annual festival of Telangana which is mainly celebrated in the twin cities of Hyderabad and Secunderabad.
4. Pallavi Darun: India’s First Tribal Queen
· Pallavi Daurn has been honoured with first tribal queen of India at the Adi Rani Kalinga Tribal Queen competition held at Utkal Mandap.
· Pallavi belongs to Koraput district of Odisha.
· The competition was organized by SC& ST department, Government of Odisha and Tourism department of the State.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB