Current Affairs of 28 June 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:28-Jun-2018
1. World Food Prize
· Dr. Lawrence Haddad and Dr. David Nabarro are selected for World Food Prize 2018.
· World Food Prize is a prominent global awards for individual who has done a lot to alleviate hunger and to promote global food security.
· The prize is presented on the occasion of UN Food Day on 16th October.
2. UN MSME Day: 27th June
· UN MSME day was celebrated across the world on 27th of June.
· The goal of the day is to encourage member states for increasing awareness and actions to support small business.
· The resolution to celebrate the day was taken by the general assembly of UN on 6th April 2017.
3. Global Solar Bank by ISA
· International Solar Alliance (ISA) is all set to launch a bank named as Global Solar Bank.
· The Bank will create a Special Purpose Vehicle (SPV) with the Multilateral Development Banks (MDBs) such as AIIB (Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank) to finance projects related to solar power.
· The SPV is aiming to create a corpus of $ 150 billion and the bank would be named as World Solar Bank.
4. Suryashakti Kisan Yojana
· Gujarat government has launched Suryashakti Kisan Yojna under which farmers would be prompted to generate electricity and sell their surplus to power distribution companies.
· In the initial phase 12400 farmers would get financial assistance to generate a target of 175 MW of power.
· State government and central government would jointly bear the 60% of the total coat while the farmer will have to pay only 5% and rest 35% would be provided by the state government as loan at the rate of 4-4.5%.
· The State government would also sign an agreement of 25 years for the purchase of electricity from farmers.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB