Current Affairs of 1 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:01-Jul-2018
1. India welcomed grey-listing of Pak by FATF
· After the listing of Pakistan in the grey list of Financial Action Task Force (FATF), India welcomed the decision with a hope that Pakistan would prevent terror acts emanating from its territory.
· FATF is an inter-governmental organization which was established in 1989 on the initiative of G7 countries to combat money laundering and further it expanded its domain to vigil terror financing.
· Grey-listing of Pakistan means now Pakistan will require additional guarantees while borrowing from international donors such as the International Monetary Fund (IMF).
2. World Social Media Day: 30th June
· Every year June 30 is celebrated as Social Media Day after the establishment of multi-platform media company- Mashable in 2005.
· The day signifies the social-media impact on global communication.
· Prime Minister Narendra Modi and many prominent leaders of the country greeted people on the occasion of the day.
3. Mallya summoned by PMLA court
· A special court formed under Prevention of Money Laundering Act (PMLA) has summoned businessman Vijay Mallya under the Fugitive Economic Offender Ordinance on the ED application.
· Prevention of Money Laundering Act, 2002 is the Magna-Carta for anti-money laundering in India.
· Enforcement Directorate (ED) is entitled to work under PMLA.
4. Mother’s milk bank: Aanchal
· Rajasthan government has established mother’s milk bank in 18 districts.
· Rahasthan will be first state in the country to establish a government-run community milk banking system.
· The bank will collect excess breast milk from lactating mothers and will provide infants deprived of it.
· The current establishment will provide mother milk to 20,000 infants.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB