Current Affairs of 12 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:12-Jul-2018
One Liner Current Affairs
· India is at 57th rank in Global Innovation Index prepared by Cornell University, INSEAD and WIPO. (Last year rank was 60) .
· Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh Chandrababu Naidu has launched “Anna Canteen”.
· India became the 69th shareholder of European bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD).
· M. Venkaiah Naidu became the first chairman of Rajya sabha to sign a MoU.
· Andhra Pradesh topped the Ease of Doing Business Ranking released by DIPP followed by Telangana and Haryana.
· World Population Day was celebrated on 11th July and the theme of this year was ‘Family Planning is a Human Right’.
· INS Sumitra has become the first Indian Naval Ship to enter port of Sabang in Indonesia.
· After Cochin airport (world’s first solar powered airport) Vadodara airport will switch to solar power soon.
· Asian Development Bank (ADB) has approved $503 million for the Son canal project in Shahbad-Bhojpur region of Bihar.
· Sri-Lankan government has approved capital punishment for drug offences.
· Telangana is going to digitize and preserve rare documents.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB