Current Affairs of 13 July 2018
Keshav Kishore, Published On:13-Jul-2018
One Liner Current Affairs
· Goa University has discovered a pigment in wild edible mushroom that can help fight against cancer.
· India-Korea technology Exchange Centre has been established in New Delhi.
· Satyarup Siddhanta has become the 2nd mountaineer after Malli Mastan Babu to climb Mt. Ojos del Salado, the highest volcano of world.
· Rajasthan government has signed a MoU with Microsoft to provide free digital training to students.
· Maharashtra government will launch ‘One farmer one transformer’ scheme to curb electricity losses.
· India’s first private sector unit for manufacturing Unmanned Air Vehicle (UAV) and Light Bullet Proof Vehicles (LBPV) in Kota.
· Odisha government has done partnership with Tata Trust for development of cancer care facilities in the State.
· Western Ghats is the 4th best tourist spot in Lonely Planet’s top five “2018 Best in Asia” list.
· Justice Adarsh Kumar Goel has been appointed as the new Chairman of National Green Tribunal (NGT).
· The Civil Aviation Research Organization (CARO) will be set up at Begumpet Airport (Old Airport of Hyderabad) by the Airport Authority of India (AAI).
· New Delhi is hosting the International Round table Conference on “Data for New India”.
· Ravindra h Dholakia Committee has been constituted by the Central government to upgrade norms for States and district level economic data collection.
· Rahul Dravid has recently included in the ICC Cricket Hall of Fame.
Source: The Hindu, The Indian Express, PIB